• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No mention of the Twin Towers!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    There was a big ceremony at the white house yesterday
    My invite must've been lost in the post. Was it good?
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

In Zurich some obsessive sort usually vandalises walls and pavements with conspiracy stuff about 9/11 on the anniversary but I didn't see it this year. Either he's given up or the black helicopters came for him.

Then again, maybe it rained - he always uses chalk so no permanent damage is done. Sticking it to the man in a Swiss-style, wipe-down clean way.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
        There was a big ceremony at the white house yesterday
        Why did J K Rowling have a big ceremony?

Comment

Numerous companies in the US managed to make utter cocks of themselves on Twitter, with tweets like "On this day, we remember the fallen. As a tribute, there's a special 40% discount across our entire range!"

Today, they're tweeting things like "We're sorry if anybody was offended". Not "We're sorry if we were offensive", of course, because it's your fault.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Numerous companies in the US managed to make utter cocks of themselves on Twitter, with tweets like "On this day, we remember the fallen. As a tribute, there's a special 40% discount across our entire range!"

Today, they're tweeting things like "We're sorry if anybody was offended". Not "We're sorry if we were offensive", of course, because it's your fault.
            like this one last year?

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
              like this one last year?

Would you be allowed to do 9 holes twice for $18.22?

Comment

I remember the good old East End barrow boys forcing us to do 1 minutes silence on the trade floor at the 1st and 2nd year anniversaries of Sept 11th but then never again after that... same goes for Diana's Death ... some big burly Bullah from the East End with a big personality suddenly stopped the trade floor over the P.A. system demanding 1 minutes silence......

Not the most caring and charitable people on those trade floors I remember ... so why do it I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                  like this one last year?
                  And this one....

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
                    I remember the good old East End barrow boys forcing us to do 1 minutes silence on the trade floor at the 1st and 2nd year anniversaries of Sept 11th but then never again after that... same goes for Diana's Death ... some big burly Bullah from the East End with a big personality suddenly stopped the trade floor over the P.A. system demanding 1 minutes silence......

Not the most caring and charitable people on those trade floors I remember ... so why do it I thought.
                    Demand that everybody else stop trading for one minute, then carry on regardless? That should be enough time to clean up very nicely on modern trading platforms

Comment

I was kind of used to some sort of ceremony every year, as I worked in several clientcos that lost employees, but it was a non entity in cloggers this year.
                      "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Working...
                      X