• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "No mention of the Twin Towers!"

Collapse

• TestMangler
    replied
    Jimmy Carr "New York Emergency services have said they'll never forget 9/11. Well, they wouldn't. It's their phone number"

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I was kind of used to some sort of ceremony every year, as I worked in several clientcos that lost employees, but it was a non entity in cloggers this year.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
    I remember the good old East End barrow boys forcing us to do 1 minutes silence on the trade floor at the 1st and 2nd year anniversaries of Sept 11th but then never again after that... same goes for Diana's Death ... some big burly Bullah from the East End with a big personality suddenly stopped the trade floor over the P.A. system demanding 1 minutes silence......

Not the most caring and charitable people on those trade floors I remember ... so why do it I thought.
    Demand that everybody else stop trading for one minute, then carry on regardless? That should be enough time to clean up very nicely on modern trading platforms

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    like this one last year?
    And this one....

Leave a comment:

• sbakoola
    replied
    I remember the good old East End barrow boys forcing us to do 1 minutes silence on the trade floor at the 1st and 2nd year anniversaries of Sept 11th but then never again after that... same goes for Diana's Death ... some big burly Bullah from the East End with a big personality suddenly stopped the trade floor over the P.A. system demanding 1 minutes silence......

Not the most caring and charitable people on those trade floors I remember ... so why do it I thought.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    like this one last year?

Would you be allowed to do 9 holes twice for $18.22?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Numerous companies in the US managed to make utter cocks of themselves on Twitter, with tweets like "On this day, we remember the fallen. As a tribute, there's a special 40% discount across our entire range!"

Today, they're tweeting things like "We're sorry if anybody was offended". Not "We're sorry if we were offensive", of course, because it's your fault.
    like this one last year?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Numerous companies in the US managed to make utter cocks of themselves on Twitter, with tweets like "On this day, we remember the fallen. As a tribute, there's a special 40% discount across our entire range!"

Today, they're tweeting things like "We're sorry if anybody was offended". Not "We're sorry if we were offensive", of course, because it's your fault.

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    There was a big ceremony at the white house yesterday
    Why did J K Rowling have a big ceremony?

Leave a comment:

• GreyWolf
    replied
    In Zurich some obsessive sort usually vandalises walls and pavements with conspiracy stuff about 9/11 on the anniversary but I didn't see it this year. Either he's given up or the black helicopters came for him.

Then again, maybe it rained - he always uses chalk so no permanent damage is done. Sticking it to the man in a Swiss-style, wipe-down clean way.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    There was a big ceremony at the white house yesterday
    My invite must've been lost in the post. Was it good?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    I remembered - I bought something at my local 7-11.

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Bob in the office come in with this on yesterday...

Pretty tasteless

Would it be funny to go around with a tshirt extoling the virtues of the Bhopal disaster?

Leave a comment:

• tomtomagain
    replied
    They are taking the celebration abroad this year to Syria and Iraq.

There's going to be a whole lot of fireworks in the next few days.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    No mention of the Twin Towers!
    Why should there be? That was years ago - "The Return of the King", and two Hobbit films have been released since then

Leave a comment:

Working...
X