• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Because much of the rest of the UK is filled with half crazed little Englanders who mainline the Daily Mail every morning. Don't leave me with them.

Although, hopefully I'll be in Ireland by then so I can just get the .
    I liked the DM article today on how much your house is worth. Nice piccies of your wife too...

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
      This BoE as an asset argument really is cobblers. What about all the other assets? Schools, hospitals, railway lines, public services, etc. etc., all these real assets paid for by the UK treasury that Scotland will get to keep without paying its share of the debt that in part paid for them. And the most important part of the "asset" that is the BoE is that the UK tax payer guarantees debts over future decades/centuries. Why should an independent Scotland get to borrow against that guarantee, and to what extent can you say Scotland is taking on its share of the debt if that share is still guaranteed by the UK?
      It's an Amigo loan
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I liked the DM article today on how much your house is worth. Nice piccies of your wife too...
        <Insert routine crass comment re Brillo's failed marriages and tax obligations>

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Have we done a poll?

Here's some totty to keep you entertained while you're waiting.

If only they actually looked like that up there, I'd consider moving. I bet it's some Spanish or Eastern Euro import.

Comment

I look like that.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
              I look like that.
              After how many pints?
              "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Wearing an underskirt with a kilt isn't a good look.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
                  Wearing an underskirt with a kilt isn't a good look.
                  You don't want chafing from the wood wool.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
                    If only they actually looked like that up there, I'd consider moving. I bet it's some Spanish or Eastern Euro import.
                    It can't be a Scot - he's not ginger (I'll put my tin hat on and duck)!

Comment

Working...
                    X