• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If it's a 'yes' then they'll introduce the new currency and the new rip off prices will become apparent, their currency would be worth less than the Nigerian Naira (just look at the Scottish GDP in comparison to said country).
    Consumer goods would be more expensive which are imported due to their new devalued currency relative to the old pound sterling.
    The procedures and processes would have to be updated (more costs), think about the army, Royal mail, banking etc. (good for IT contractors though). No economic aid from Europe as would be a non-member. With currency conversions it would be more hassle to do trade with England/Wales/Northern Ireland and if there is political hostility then trade levies could be introduced. If 'yes' I can see a right mess.

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
      If it's a 'yes' then they'll introduce the new currency and the new rip off prices will become apparent, their currency would be worth less than the Nigerian Naira (just look at the Scottish GDP in comparison to said country).
      The procedures and processes would have to be updated (more costs), think about the army, Royal mail, banking etc. (good for IT contractors though). No economic aid from Europe as would be a non-member. With currency conversions it would be more hassle to do trade with England/Wales/Northern Ireland and if there is political hostility then trade levies could be introduced. If 'yes' I can see a right mess.
      Do you not think GDP per capita is a more important indicator than GDP?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
        Do you not think GDP per capita is a more important indicator than GDP?
        Not if there's 5 people in a 'country', sometimes you got to look at totals to see the real output / value.

Comment

There're rather more than 5 people in Scotland. It has a population comparable or larger than Finland, Denmark, Ireland, New Zealand to name only a few.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by sbakoola View Post
            Consumer goods would be more expensive which are imported due to their new devalued currency relative to the old pound sterling.
            Yes, I can see an English PM introducing trade levies on their nearest import and export markets.

If your 'Nigeria' reference is in any way accurate, surely there would be an influx of foreign trade into Scotland, mostly from the opening of millions of western union branches
            When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
              Yes, I can see an English PM introducing trade levies on their nearest import and export markets.

If your 'Nigeria' reference is in any way accurate, surely there would be an influx of foreign trade into Scotland, mostly from the opening of millions of western union branches
              Dear sirs

I am Mr Test McMangler, a computer scientist working with central bank of Scotland. I just started work with C.B.S. and I came across your file which was marked X and your payment released papers painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees but the fund was not released to you and the office you are dealing with are not willing to make transfer available to you.

The most annoying thing is that they won't tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the funds to you,instead they allow you spend money unnecessarily, I decided to contact you because I can make transfer of your funds available to you immediately under 10 minutes, that is if you are ready and willing to follow all instructions stated by me without hesitation.

I needed to do this because you need to know the statues of your Funds and cause for the delay, Please this is like a Mafia setting in Scotland, you may not understand it because you are not Scottish. The only thing needed to release this fund is the Anti drug/terrorist clearance certificate which will be tendered to any of your nominated bank and the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE (IRS)for clearance of the transferred amount in your account.

Once the Anti drug /terrorist clearance certificate is obtained funds will immediately reflect in your bank within 10 Minutes, the certificate is all that is needed to complete this transaction.

Note that the actual funds is valued at 15.5 MILLION Scottish Groats and the president made a compensation fund release for all unpaid beneficiary valued at 10 MILLION Scottish Groats.

Listed below are the mafia's and banks behind the non release of your funds that i managed to sneak out for your kind persual.

May God bless you

Mr Test McMangler

Comment

Dear sirs

I am Mr Test McMangler, a computer scientist working with central bank of Scotland. I just started work with C.B.S. and I came across your file which was marked X and your payment released papers painted RED, I took time to study it and found out that you have paid VIRTUALLY all fees but the fund was not released to you and the office you are dealing with are not willing to make transfer available to you.

The most annoying thing is that they won't tell you the truth that on no account will they ever release the funds to you,instead they allow you spend money unnecessarily, I decided to contact you because I can make transfer of your funds available to you immediately under 10 minutes, that is if you are ready and willing to follow all instructions stated by me without hesitation.

I needed to do this because you need to know the statues of your Funds and cause for the delay, Please this is like a Mafia setting in Scotland, you may not understand it because you are not Scottish. The only thing needed to release this fund is the Anti drug/terrorist clearance certificate which will be tendered to any of your nominated bank and the INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE (IRS)for clearance of the transferred amount in your account.

Once the Anti drug /terrorist clearance certificate is obtained funds will immediately reflect in your bank within 10 Minutes, the certificate is all that is needed to complete this transaction.

Note that the actual funds is valued at 15.5 MILLION Scottish Groats and the president made a compensation fund release for all unpaid beneficiary valued at 10 MILLION Scottish Groats.

Listed below are the mafia's and banks behind the non release of your funds that i managed to sneak out for your kind persual.

May God bless you

Mr Test McMangler
                You can't even do a decent scam Nigerian/Scottish EMail.

CAPS LOCK MAKES IT CONVINCING AND YOU FORGOT TO MENTION GOD.

Comment

You can't even do a decent scam Nigerian/Scottish EMail.

CAPS LOCK MAKES IT CONVINCING AND YOU FORGOT TO MENTION GOD.
                  You're just too pissed to read.

Comment

You're just too pissed to read.
                    God bless you is not enough. Needs a church reference and some hint of a Christian vocation in the intro line.

Brush up dear boy......

Comment

God bless you is not enough. Needs a kirk reference and some hint of a Christian vocation in the intro line.

Brush up dear boy......
                      FTFY, you Anglophile Quisling.

Comment

Working...
                      X