• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Salmond "We can take Scotland in two weeks"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    erm, isn't Eton a boys-only school?
    Have a look at Sturgeon up close, then decide.
    Error 404: Signature not found.

Comment

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
      It's a grassroot movement to get away from Westminster .
      The chippy little man sums it up. It is not defined by whatever is best for Scotland. And this despite the fact that the cabinet at Westminster has been dominated by labour party Scots under the last 3 governments.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Well the party with the most to lose isn't the Tories...

Scottish independence: Yes vote could spark unionist crisis in NI - Belfast Newsletter
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          It does make you wonder why a small country like Ireland with its STV system is run on behalf of the bankers, shoving national debt onto the voters.

You will still end up with tulip politicians making tulip decisions and betraying the electorate, but I guess at least it will be your own tulip.

Shame about the 25,000 jobs that unix estimates will go just in relation to the banking sector, but what price freedom?
          All the banks have said that no jobs or operations will move south. I'm sure that may change over time but it will depend on what happens after the negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Yep, most unionists are of Scottish descent rather than English.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The No campaign have missed out on another scare story here. Independence may well stir the problem of sectarianism. Another shameful example of the outright bigotry that goes on in Scotland
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
                I have had more lucid conversations with people on acid than you get with nationalists.

Bonkers some of the stuff they believe.
                Must be where you live. 99% of Yes voters simply want Scotland to have autonomy. They are not expecting a utopia, but given the resources Scotland have they believe we could run our country better than Westminster. That's it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                    UKIP are crazy
                    True. That's nationalists for you.

Comment

Oh... that would be ugly.

"Northern Ireland has always been a part of Great Britain". Um. There is no Great Britain as a political entity.
                      "The unionist people are proud of our British and Scottish heritage".

Mind you, I don't know many people in the Republic who want NI.

Comment

Working...
                      X