• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iMinion using Tapatalk
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Assuming that's based on my question

How are project managers supposed to plan when they don't have a standard format for resource availability?
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Assuming that's based on my question

How are project managers supposed to plan when they don't have a standard format for resource availability?
        Quite.

I inform the PM via email that I'm not available to the client for a particular duration and I save said email. I then use the standard format for resource availablity to inform the system.

I dont see that as D&C.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

And now how about being forced to complete a form called "annual leave request" and on the form there is a field for "line manager" and a field for his/her boss.

They then approve or reject the request and you get an email.

You have to do this. Just like the employees.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Quite.

I inform the PM via email that I'm not available to the client for a particular duration and I save said email. I then use the standard format for resource availablity to inform the system.

I dont see that as D&C.
            +1

Completing a form for processing once you have already informed the client that you won't be there doesn't become direction and control.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

And now how about being forced to complete a form called "annual leave request" and on the form there is a field for "line manager" and a field for his/her boss.

1) If they do it for everyone, then it's not a differentiating factor between employees and contractors. Therefore it can't be used as an indicator.

2) HMRC would need to prove D&C, lack of MOO and lack of RoS, so to walk away from a contract based on a worrying interpretation of direction and control seems silly.

3) Even if you accepted being controlled, having some mutuality of obligation and not having a right of substitution, would 100% inside IR35 income not outweigh 100% no income?
              Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

There was a differentiating factor. Agency contractors and employees had to complete this form.

Consultants, working there solidly for months did not have to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  1) If they do it for everyone, then it's not a differentiating factor between employees and contractors. Therefore it can't be used as an indicator.

2) HMRC would need to prove D&C, lack of MOO and lack of RoS, so to walk away from a contract based on a worrying interpretation of direction and control seems silly.

3) Even if you accepted being controlled, having some mutuality of obligation and not having a right of substitution, would 100% inside IR35 income not outweigh 100% no income?
                  This is a SY01 thread, there's no room for your rational thought and reasoning here
                  ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    This is a SY01 thread, there's no room for your rational thought and reasoning here
                    I'm sure I'm wrong and Suity is right. I'm just waiting for the penny to drop for me to realise why it's better to walk for absolutely no reason and earn nothing than stay and earn something.
                    Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

Really? The wording of a form?

I would leave a contract if my unavailablity was refused (actually, I would be unavailable for the duration specified and then let them terminate my contract) or if D&C was attempted, or they tried to move me from out of the project for which I was taken on;
                      you know, for trying to turn me into an employee.

In the meantime, I will log all clear water between myself and the client, keep up-to-date with my PCG+ and carry on.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X