• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

IR35 again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In any case, am I the only one who, if I thought that a contract had definitely moved inside IR35, would just let my accountant know and see it out to the end of the contract?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
      In any case, am I the only one who, if I thought that a contract had definitely moved inside IR35, would just let my accountant know and see it out to the end of the contract?
      Isn't it more likely that Suity is the only one who wouldn't.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        If I suspect that the contract is inside IR35, then I'd put more money into the pension pot, put more money to one side, and keep on billing.

Since there are too many unknowns (not even factoring in the chance of being investigated), I wouldn't let the tax dog wag the business tail - I have PCG+ to help with the investigation, and I have TLS from Qdos to do the investigation and fund any losses that arise.

To be fair, Suity wasn't offered the chance to complete the contract.
        Best Forum Advisor 2014
        Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
        Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
          If I suspect that the contract is inside IR35, then I'd put more money into the pension pot, put more money to one side, and keep on billing.

Since there are too many unknowns (not even factoring in the chance of being investigated), I wouldn't let the tax dog wag the business tail - I have PCG+ to help with the investigation, and I have TLS from Qdos to do the investigation and fund any losses that arise.

True but I think there is probably more to that then he has revealed... Although we can all read between the lines..

Comment

References?
            The information regarding HMRC case law is freely available on their web site. I suggest using google though.

HTH
            Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
              The information regarding HMRC case law is freely available on their web site. I suggest using google though.

HTH
              But we have read the bits of it we believe are relevant and don't know exactly what bits of the millions of pages of tax law and cases in the UK you believe to be relevant.

So could you post the bits you believe are relevant otherwise we will have to treat you as the hopeless, whining, panicking clueless ous muppet you appear to be.

And continue to take the mickey out of every post you make....

Comment

HTH
                I've read all the cases that I think are relevant, and haven't seen one which says that completing a leave request form is a clear indicator of direction and control as you assert.

Since you and your lawyer have made the assertion, it would be nice to have some facts to back that up.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014
                Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

HTH
                  Recalling a thread from a few weeks back, you don't even know the difference between AWR and the Conduct of Employment Agencies Regulations.

I am tired of following up every mythical misconception posted on the internet just to check that I haven't missed anything. To be fair, it's not only you, many commentators ostensibly qualified to comment on this stuff make blatant mistakes when it comes to reporting or purposely cloud the waters for their own ends.

So point us to the object of your concern that you have painstakingly researched. Clearly, you have a headstart on us all so please do the needful and link it, there's a good chap!

Comment

Agreed - I do everything in my power to operate as a legitimate business, but I'm not going to spend my life worrying about something that is large undefined and has a incredibly small chance of actually coming up. If it does, then I have insurance and I'll deal with it at that juncture.

Comment

The insurance is an interesting thing. It's quite unique. Being insured against being investigated.

I think the attitude on here is complacent and arrogant.

It's like being insured against being investigated by the police for traffic offences and then deliberately running red lights.
                      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Working...
                      X