• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why not death by firing squad?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What's wrong with dancing the Newgate jig?
    Last edited by Jubber; 2 August 2014, 21:26. Reason: better

Comment

Originally posted by Jubber View Post
      What's wrong with dancing the Newgate jig?
      Too little rope and its a slow painful death. Too much and its decapitation.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        it is clear that consequences rarely enter their minds so deterrence is unlikely to be a good reason.
        How do you know?

Comment

There was a controversy a few years ago when one of the states (Texas I think) couldnt get the lethal drugs anywhere in the ISA, so a Britsh firm supplied the stuff.
          sent it via the Royal Mail iirc
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

How do you know?
            From the circumstances of so much violent crime in the news.

Domestic crimes where nobody else is in the house. Young men stabbing each on crowded streets, stations or shopping malls with dozens of witnesses and CCTV cameras. Daftest I saw was that soldier who blew up his wife with a hand grenade. Let's see, who has access to hand grenades? That's a hard one!. If most murderers gave it a moment's thought they would know they had no chance of getting away with it.

The carefully planned murder, with real attention to concealing the crime or devising false alibis, seems to be the exception.
            bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
            John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

read about it? It was you wasn't it?
              bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
              John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Working...
              X