• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
    is there an official position on it? Or better still a peer reviewed scientific journal?
    I am not sure that the world's response to a genuine nuclear attack from NK would be common knowledge.

But the phrase bombed back to the stone ages would probably be in it somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      I am not sure that the world's response to a genuine nuclear attack from NK would be common knowledge.

But the phrase bombed back to the stone ages would probably be in it somewhere.
      Hence my reply do whatever SK and Japan want.

Mind you China could take care of it instead as a neighbouring country with a large army....
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        Hence my reply do whatever SK and Japan want.

Mind you China could take care of it instead as a neighbouring country with a large army....
        Apparently they're not too keen on more US military presence on their doorstep - with all those bombs flying around it would just take one 'oops' which of course our American friends never do...
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

South Korea is more worried about Donald Trump.

North Korea: Gareth Evans says South Koreans are more worried about Trump
          Last edited by BlasterBates; 9 August 2017, 13:09.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Gareth Evans would appear to be full of tulip

“Well Kim Jong-un’s behaviour is often rather idiosyncratic, it’s also often very ugly but I don’t think anybody thinks he’s nuts,” he told 7.30.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              Gareth Evans would appear to be full of tulip

“Well Kim Jong-un’s behaviour is often rather idiosyncratic, it’s also often very ugly but I don’t think anybody thinks he’s nuts,” he told 7.30.
              NK have had nuclear weapons for the last 10 years and could have wiped out Japan and South Korea if they'd wanted. Now we have Trump with his incoherent rantings.

What you need is a "Kennedy" in the Whitehouse and not some bellicose half-wit.
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

World war 3 now imminent

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                What's our position if the US and NK kick off? Are we 'shoulder to shoulder' with them or is it even a NATO thing?
                Technically the war isn't over - just a ceasefire declared.

The UK were among the UN forces involved...

http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

NK and China have a defence pact.

Trump is incredibly stupid to make threats he cannot keep.

What I want to know is what China's position is on this. Ideally they would agree to cut off oil imports to NK.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    NK and China have a defence pact.

Trump is incredibly stupid to make threats he cannot keep.

What I want to know is what China's position is on this. Ideally they would agree to cut off oil imports to NK.
                    They've agreed to sanctions at the UN. whether they implement them is another matter.

Comment

Latest is NK plan to 'test' 4 missiles with a trajectory ending close to Guam.

North Korea Guam missile strike plan 'ready by mid-August' - BBC News

North Korea says its plan to fire four missiles near the US territory of Guam will soon be ready, as a war of words with Washington intensifies.
                      State media said Hwasong-12 rockets would pass over Japan and land in the sea about 30km (17 miles) from Guam, if the plan was approved by Kim Jong-un.
                      Also says Japan could legally intercept the missiles (with what?) to protect the region's interest if it looks like this may cause a retaliation from the USA, particularly if the missiles go 'off target'.

Shame Regan didn't get that Star Wars defence system operational.

Those expecting China/Russia to side with the USA on NK beyong simple UN sanctions are barking. China want the NK buffer zone just like Russia want the Ukraine/Crimea buffer zone.

I see the yanks are saying NK has nuclear missile capability now. Cry wolf twice and shame on us if these WMDs don't exist, again.
                      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Working...
                      X