• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

World war 3 now imminent

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fragile Situation

BBC News - Ukraine crisis: Army and rebels stall heavy arms pullout

"The situation is fragile," Mrs Merkel said. "It was always clear that much remains to be done. And I have always said that there are no guarantees that what we are trying to do succeeds. It will be an extremely difficult path."

Meanwhile, US state department spokeswoman Jen Psaki said the US was "gravely concerned by the deteriorating situation in and around Debaltseve" and called on "Russia and the separatists it backs to halt all attacks immediately".

Reuters reporters near Debaltseve said that it was being ceaselessly bombarded with artillery.
    I just get this nasty feeling someones going to get heavy handed very soon. Debaltseve in the sights.
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

The world is more peaceful now than it has ever been, it's just there is 24 hour news highlighting the few instances that there are. How long is this thread going to go, it's not imminent admit you are an alarmist panic merchant.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
        The world is more peaceful now than it has ever been, it's just there is 24 hour news highlighting the few instances that there are. How long is this thread going to go, it's not imminent admit you are an alarmist panic merchant.
        Let him keep his fantasy worries, it keeps his mind off his life real problems...
        Last edited by eek; 17 February 2015, 09:07.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post

Village idiot award goes to Unix

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post

Village idiot award goes to Unix

You do realise that say even 5 years ago the issues like boco horem (or wtf they are called) when they kidnapped those 300 girls would never have hit the news.

People are still dying all over the place due to petty struggles and conflicts that never see the light of day in the media because there is no money in it.

Think about it for a second how can you have journalists wandering around in a warzone - if it was really a warzone there would be thousands dying each day.

Have you ever read up on events such as the 2nd world war?

This is nothing more than entertainment on a grand scale funded by god knows who for god knows what reason.

But I can give you a cast iron guarantee that Putin does not want ww3.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              You do realise that say even 5 years ago the issues like boco horem (or wtf they are called) when they kidnapped those 300 girls would never have hit the news.

People are still dying all over the place due to petty struggles and conflicts that never see the light of day in the media because there is no money in it.

Think about it for a second how can you have journalists wandering around in a warzone - if it was really a warzone there would be thousands dying each day.

Have you ever read up on events such as the 2nd world war?

This is nothing more than entertainment on a grand scale funded by god knows who for god knows what reason.

But I can give you a cast iron guarantee that Putin does not want ww3.
              [1] Yes. Quite well read as it's one of my interests.
              [2] Have you ever read up on what's actually going on today, right now, in the real world?
              [3] Sure about that? Tell it to Merkel.

Comment

Global Peace Index

The spreadsheet

Easy to read bit
                Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Can we get an executive summary please Darmy? I am too much of a to be trusted to read and make any sense of that lot.

How Peaceful are we compared to 1939, 1963, 1983 say?

Comment

Number of dead in current Ukraine - Russia (from 1st March 2014) conflict - 5,400

Number of people who died in the first battle of the Somme - 1st July 1916 - approx. 68,000

Number of people who died in the Battle of Stalingrad - 1942-1943 - approx. 1.9 million

Number of people who died in the Taiping Rebellion 1850-1864 - approx. 20 Million

Not even close are we!

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                      Number of dead in current Ukraine - Russia (from 1st March 2014) conflict - 5,400

Number of people who died in the first battle of the Somme - 1st July 1916 - approx. 68,000

Number of people who died in the Battle of Stalingrad - 1942-1943 - approx. 1.9 million

Number of people who died in the Taiping Rebellion 1850-1864 - approx. 20 Million

Not even close are we!
                      Read thread title.

Truly truly HTH

Edit : Carrying on in the helpful vein I have started please read http://www.france24.com/en/20150207-...says-hollande/

“If we don’t manage to find not just a compromise but a lasting peace agreement, we know perfectly well what the scenario will be. It has a name, it’s called war,” Hollande told reporters in the city of Tulle in central France.
                      While you are discrediting people, please can you discredit this man http://www.csmonitor.com/World/Secur...a-and-the-West

Mikhail Gorbachev, the Soviet Union’s last leader and widely credited for helping end the cold war, today blamed the West and the US in particular for “dragging” Russia into what he says could be a larger, “hot war” over Ukraine.

"Unfortunately I cannot say for sure that a cold war won't lead to a 'hot' one,” Mr. Gorbachev was quoted. “I fear they could take the risk.
                      Now, by "they" Gorby means the US and Nato.
                      Last edited by suityou01; 17 February 2015, 09:52.

Comment

Working...
                      X