• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jihad on dogs

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    But they know about their own religion in their cultural setting.

The fact that the Muslims who would have been consulted in Glasgow think differently due to having a different cultural setting is ignored.
    That would make this statement nonsense;
    "This is just so disrespectful to Malaysia and Muslims – especially as it happened during Ramadan. Muslims are not allowed to touch dogs, so the organiser should have been more aware and sensitive on this issue.'"
    Dogs clearly are not offensive to muslims, but to SOME muslims, particularly the officials who wanted something to complain about.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So muslims don't like dogs.
      Is this the start of the "war on terriers" ?

Comment

The path to my son's school is littered with dog mess every morning. Yeah lets have a jihad on the dogs and their lazy ass owners.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

I wonder what animals are 'clean'

camels I suppose
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
            So muslims don't like dogs.

No some Malaysian Muslims don't like dogs.

I personally grew up with people who were Muslim and had a pet dog. In one of the cases the dog would have been useless for security because it had a habit of jumping on people and licking them.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

When I go into the asian areas I now see asians with dogs. It okay for muslims to own dogs but they must not live with in the house. But I know that in Pakistan very rare to see a dog with an owner. Most are strays or guard dogs.

Anyone think this is just a publicity stunt?
              McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
              Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                stuff
                Do Muslims hate lizards?

Just wondering

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
                  Do Muslims hate lizards?

Just wondering
                  Shall I go and ask one of my neighbours?

After all their individual views reflect all Muslims.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                    They seem to hate almost everything else in creation, including variations on themselves, so why should lizards & GALs be left out?
                    "When Abraham was thrown into the fire, all animals started to put it out, except the lizard, it started flaring it up."

You've only got yourself to blame.

Comment

The two blokes who are quoted by the Telegraph both seem to have form for seeking to provoke controversy.

Mohamad Sabu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - in which the disliker of dogs insults the memory of a bunch of police officers who were killed by Communist rebels in 1950, and who are generally regarded as national heroes.

But that's nothing compared to the attention-seeking of the other one: Ibrahim Ali (Malaysia) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
                      • Says "tulip" on the telly;

• Mocks a disabled MP for his disability;

• Blames male adultery on women;

• Fined and jailed for contempt of court;

• Various acts of petty racism.

I also note that, despite the Telegraph's hand-wringing, nobody has thought the comments about dogs sufficiently interesting to add to their Wikipedia pages, which would surely have happened by now if anybody in Malaysia gave a toss about what they said.

Comment

Working...
                      X