• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Proper Dooooom! The Sky is Falling!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost
    There's always the Aga.
    Unless it's a gas or LPG one...

You need one of these bad boys: Ironheart - Multi-fuel cooking stove that burns logs beautifully Just like Hugh Fearnley Whatsit - I bet he's ok in this scenario (till the starving masses descend on him..)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Probably lots of space aliens 60 light years away listening to Hancock's Half Hour.
      yep, and they have a green guy with seven tentacles, with one sucker on the big red button that fires the inter-galactic Bazoomatron. As soon as he detects big brother or twitter, his job is to press the button
      (\__/)
      (>'.'<)
      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

De-doomed: Keep Calm: The Truth About The Huge Solar Flare That Just Missed Earth - Forbes
        "What seems to be going on here is that NASA put out a press release on Wednesday rehashing the details of the 2012 flare and the research that’s been dripping out over the past year. It’s actually a great primer on space weather and the potential damage that can be done by huge coronal mass ejections, including the last time the planet was actually in the firing line. That happened over 150 years ago. By the way, that event — known as the Carrington event — did not vaporize any people, animals or planets, but it did do damage to telegraph lines and create some epic northern lights as far south as Tahiti."

Comment

Hang on the full severity of this is hitting home now....How would I invoice if my laptop was fried!

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
            Hang on the full severity of this is hitting home now....How would I invoice if my laptop was fried!
            Just use old tech - paper and pen.

Comment

Working...
            X