• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor v Temp - When the client doesn't know the difference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did the manager (not the agent) ever actually tell you they agreed to your hours shift?

If not then you might have an issue - I have had this when agent has said the client is happy with this and that and when I got there the client had no idea what I was talking about.

Perhaps you can email the client a reply to the email they sent you okaying the change and copy the manager and politely inquire as to whether things are still okay with it? If you don't have an email and it was all verbal you might have more of an issue.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
      Did the manager (not the agent) ever actually tell you they agreed to your hours shift?

If not then you might have an issue - I have had this when agent has said the client is happy with this and that and when I got there the client had no idea what I was talking about.

Perhaps you can email the client a reply to the email they sent you okaying the change and copy the manager and politely inquire as to whether things are still okay with it? If you don't have an email and it was all verbal you might have more of an issue.
      Standard agency shaft. Im betting it was never in writing/email. I know when I got caught out I realised that it was all verbal.

Best one I ever had was years when I was even duller. Got gig. Max 6 weeks on site A (200 miles away) then rest of time was site B (10 miles from home). Rate was crap but I thought great 6 weeks then close to home = result. No way could I afford to stay away in hotel for entire time so I just though of it as a loss leader. Well this is what agent told me.

So two weeks pass I ask client about the 'transfer' back to site B. First client had heard of it. As far as they were concerned it was all at Site A. Basically, agent had found out they did have an office close to home and used that to lie to me. To be fair the client was great about it and even looked into me working from Site B but it didnt come off. They completely understood when I walked.

So I told agency to shove it a week later with no notice. They went mad but I ignored them. The client was well pissed off with the agency and canned them as well. Result there.
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
      X