• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor v Temp - When the client doesn't know the difference

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well, sometimes things go askew.
    deals made with agents anrnt worth the paper
    agreements made with the client are forgotten or superceded
    etc....

there are two solutions

1) walk
    2)make the bastids pay. and pay. and pay

kerrrching
    (\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

you may also be the 'victim' of the classic small minded, power hungry middle management minion who hates his job and his fat wife so much that he just wants to try and make everyone as miserable as him.

the choice is yours on how you play it - but ensure that your skills are not replacable and that the people above him value you.

otherwise get your cv sorted and jog on to the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
        you may also be the 'victim' of the classic small minded, power hungry middle management minion who hates his job and his fat wife so much that he just wants to try and make everyone as miserable as him.

the choice is yours on how you play it - but ensure that your skills are not replacable and that the people above him value you.

otherwise get your cv sorted and jog on to the next one.
        And in the town it was well known, when they got home at night, their fat psychopathic wives would thrash them.....
        When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

What is the difference between a contractor and a temp?
          Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Who does 'group meetings' at 6pm on a Friday? Even Accidenture never tried that one with me

Comment

Originally posted by sirja View Post
              Who does 'group meetings' at 6pm on a Friday? Even Accidenture never tried that one with me
              A huge Japanese IT and telecoms company in the UK did that with me. Not only Fridays but DAILY for all15 months of the duration of the programme. Just didn't show up anymore after a while unless I had some time left.

Comment

i would have just showed up at 10am to make up for it.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

I have had to push back on requests like meetings at six on a Friday and find the relationship never fully recovers.

Some companies want the skills of contractors with the subservience of permies after a bonus.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                    Some companies want the skills of contractors with the subservience of permies after a bonus.
                    Some equate our high rates to being able to demand ludicrous hours.

Comment

Go to the 6pm Friday meet and get dominos to deliver pizza to feed the room, pick up the tab, everyone will think you are a legend; then give him notice in front of his team and walk.
                      http://www.cih.org/news-article/disp...housing_market

Comment

Working...
                      X