• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

jury service

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kal View Post
    I was joking!, I take it you have no PCG+ cover then?
    Nope and now its too late

Comment

Turn up on the first day blacked up like Al Jolson. If that doesn't work nothing will.

Comment

BNP lapel pin when you turn up?
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by kal View Post
          Or... mention to the defense lawyer you reckon the defendant is guilty as you can tell by just looking at him hes a wrong'un
          That's the kind of thing I was thinking, but El Faqqo suggests it doesn't work that way.
          Originally posted by MaryPoppins
          I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
          Originally posted by vetran
          Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
            That's the kind of thing I was thinking, but El Faqqo suggests it doesn't work that way.
            Even if you somehow manage to get out of one trial, then you just go back to the waiting room and wait for your name to come up for another trial.

Take a book with you and learn something while you wait - last time I did it, I had three days of waiting before ending up on a one week trial, which wasn't very pleasant.
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              Will it insure when you've had a deferral already? I thought insurance was for a risk / uncertain event.
              I think that's correct. At least it is true for the QDOS product:

The insurer agrees to indemnify the income, salary or wages of the insured or any director of, partners in or employee of the insured, in respect of that individual’s obligations to attend court for jury service insofar as it is not recoverable from the relevant Court up to a maximum of £500 per day and limited to a maximum of £5,000 for any one claim.

The insurer will not be liable to indemnify the insured in respect of claims arising out of or in connection with: Any claim arising from a jury service request served prior to the commencement of this insurance or where the juror has received such a request within the two years immediately preceding this insurance and has been able to postpone the effect of the jury service request except in the case of a renewal or continuation of existing insurance arrangements.
              Jury Service and Legal Protection - Contractor Insurance - Freelancer Insurance - Qdos Insurance - Qdos Consulting

Comment

Originally posted by Contreras View Post
                That's for postponement rather than exemption isn't it..

I merely ask as I got exempted last September...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  That's for postponement rather than exemption isn't it..

I merely ask as I got exempted last September...
                  how did you get exemption if you don't mind me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                    Even if you somehow manage to get out of one trial, then you just go back to the waiting room and wait for your name to come up for another trial.

Take a book with you and learn something while you wait - last time I did it, I had three days of waiting before ending up on a one week trial, which wasn't very pleasant.
                    Could you bring a laptop and do billable work?

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                      Could you bring a laptop and do billable work?
                      not a bad shout if I'm waiting around...

Comment

Working...
                      X