• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merged threads discussing Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only condition was "stop shooting". That's why it's called a "cease fire". The clue is in the name. HTH BFIDI (The idea that Hamas would be surrendering if they'd agreed to that cease fire is straight from the mouths of the terrorists themselves).

The killing of children by accident during a military action isn't illegal under international law, therefore it wasn't murder - at least not under the English definition. It might be legitimately considered to be manslaughter - that's when you kill someone as a result of criminal negligence, if negligence can be proved. What the yanks call "3rd degree murder".

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    How about stop building settlements and destroying their houses as a gesture of "good will". For Israel to stop doing something illegal and stop destroying peoples homes and livelihood might be seen as a step towards stopping terrorism.
    Been tried. Didn't work. How old are you? 12?
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
      How about stop building settlements and destroying their houses as a gesture of "good will". For Israel to stop doing something illegal and stop destroying peoples homes and livelihood might be seen as a step towards stopping terrorism.
      Building new settlements is wrong. But why would they stop it without any sort of guarantee? If Israel dismantled the newly built settlements it would make not a jot of difference to the Arab agenda.
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        Building new settlements is wrong. But why would they stop it without any sort of guarantee? If Israel dismantled the newly built settlements it would make not a jot of difference to the Arab agenda.
        Yeah but it makes for a good jab to the ribs. Join a UN body - more new settlements - jab! Throw stones - more new settlements - owwww. and like that. on it goes. Like some kinda biblical epic.

And for the land of each settlement - about the same is taken for a security perimeter plus a bit more for a Military Zone. Its a slow creep, but they are getting there.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
          Yeah but it makes for a good jab to the ribs. Join a UN body - more new settlements - jab! Throw stones - more new settlements - owwww. and like that. on it goes. Like some kinda biblical epic.

And for the land of each settlement - about the same is taken for a security perimeter plus a bit more for a Military Zone. Its a slow creep, but they are getting there.
          And what do you think would have happened had the Israelis not extended their settlements? It is a classical political and tactical ploy to expand into enemy territories and enlarge your area of influence. had the Palestinians engaged in a peaceful relationship with Israel then the Israelis would have had sanctions imposed and been on the receiving end of a lot of grief.
          Right now they can justify it on military and defence grounds.
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

And what do you think would have happened had the Israelis not extended their settlements? It is a classical political and tactical ploy to expand into enemy territories and enlarge your area of influence. had the Palestinians engaged in a peaceful relationship with Israel then the Israelis would have had sanctions imposed and been on the receiving end of a lot of grief.
            Right now they can justify it on military and defence grounds.
            Grief from where? They (the Israelis) are not getting any grief now. I'm just saying that the world keeps promising the Palestinians a country. The neighbouring Arab nations use that lie to keep the Palestinians in a cage and they travel the world on special refugee passports. I'm of the opinion this charade, on both sides, should end. Annex the joint and either pay the Palestinians off to leave or give them a Israeli passport.

The latter won't happen because of obvious demographic reasons. The former is not likely as the Arab countries won't take them in. Like I said its a biblical epic this. But at least I'm not of the opinion that Arabs suck so they should be kept subjugated, forever.
            Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by lilelvis2000 View Post
              Grief from where? They (the Israelis) are not getting any grief now. I'm just saying that the world keeps promising the Palestinians a country. The neighbouring Arab nations use that lie to keep the Palestinians in a cage and they travel the world on special refugee passports. I'm of the opinion this charade, on both sides, should end. Annex the joint and either pay the Palestinians off to leave or give them a Israeli passport.

The latter won't happen because of obvious demographic reasons. The former is not likely as the Arab countries won't take them in. Like I said its a biblical epic this. But at least I'm not of the opinion that Arabs suck so they should be kept subjugated, forever.
              I said IF there was peace the Israelis would find life very difficult if they annexed land.

As far as Arabs are concerned then they are fine, it's their regimes that suck. Because Israel is a beacon of prosperity and freedom they find their totalitarian regimes under threat. In the meantime these countries are exporting terrorism and all the hypocrite lefties are trying to make themselves more righteous by hanging Israel out to dry.

And as you know with some notable exceptions I loathe lefties, particularly wealthy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                How old are you? 12?
                Or maybe he's just observing that integrity is a necessary component of any moral high-ground.

Comment

I said IF there was peace the Israelis would find life very difficult if they annexed land.

As far as Arabs are concerned then they are fine, it's their regimes that suck. Because Israel is a beacon of prosperity and freedom they find their totalitarian regimes under threat. In the meantime these countries are exporting terrorism and all the hypocrite lefties are trying to make themselves more righteous by hanging Israel out to dry.

And as you know with some notable exceptions I loathe lefties, particularly wealthy ones.
                  And I'm saying that Israel should annex land and there will be peace.
                  Only one coutry exports terror - Saudi - and we all know what the politicians do when the sheikhs come round.

Oh well good thing I'm centrist and poor then.

Comment

Leftie: British politician resigns for anti-Israel comments | JPost | Israel News

Rightie: UK Politician Claims Jews Engineered Holocaust to Guilt World Into Establishing Israel | Jewish & Israel News Algemeiner.com

It actually takes all sorts from all sides of the political spectrum...(and aren't most the right wing parties quite anti-Semitic?)
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

New thread discussing Israel

What do people think about Israeli settlements in the Occupied Territories?

How should the Palestinians respond? How should the global community respond?

Is East Jerusalem a special case?

Discuss.

Comment

Working...
                      X