• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Merged threads discussing Israel

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Unix View Post
    How many Israelis have died due to these "rocket attacks" by Hamas?
    Not quite sure why you have put rocket attacks in quotes, but anyway there have been 28 deaths, and 1'971 injuries from rocket and mortar attacks by Hamas. That's 10'138 rockets and 4'890 mortars, since 2001.

Those are the figures with active retaliation. Who knows what the figures would be if they just hid in their bunkers and relied on patriot missiles to protect them?

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

How many Israelis have died due to these "rocket attacks" by Hamas?
      The answer is too many on both sides. You seem to view this is a question of "tit for tat" you don't seem to be able to grasp the dynamics of the politics that are going on here. If you think Israel should not kill or injure more people than are killed by Hamas then argue the point.
      If you think Israel are wrong to retaliate then say so and explain why.
      if you think the Israelis should only retaliate in proportion to the damage they have suffered then say so and explain why.

You are happy to jump on the bandwagon and condemn the activities of the Israelis yet you seem incapable of offering any sort of solution to the problem. In fact you dont really have any understanding of the problem in the first place, which brings me back to the Brendan O'Neill analysis of people like you Brendan O

the left has stopped believing in modernity and progress, and it sees Israel as the embodiment of those things. Its vitriolic hatred for Israel is really an expression of disdain and disgust for what we might call the Western project, the Western way of life, the old ideals of nationhood, sovereignty, economic growth, human expansion, social experimentation. Israel is seen as being at the sharp edge of all those once-positive but now hated values, and thus it is intensively loathed. The left, having lost faith in modernity, has turned Israel into a kind of punchbag against which it can express its own anti-modern, anti-progress, shallowly anti-Western feelings.

In essence, Israel is very much a zeitgeist issue, where your attitudes towards it tend to reveal more about you and your worldview than they do anything about the reality of Israel. And the contemporary left’s attitudes to Israel reveal a lot about where it stands on the modern world itself. Israel is treated as a symbol of all the things that Western leftists and others once held dear, from self-possession to progressive intent, but which we now hold in trendy, postmodern disdain. This is where I think we can see that there is a very thin line, I’m afraid to say, between today’s fashionable anti-Zionism and old-style anti-Semitism.

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by saptastic View Post
        Dont worry. Tony Blair is on the case. It will be solved any day now.....
        It makes my laugh that. You have three parties:
        - one considers Palestinians to be invented and wants the land. Usually finds almost any excuse to not talk to the other parties
        - one is so corrupt and lame it doesn't know whether its coming or going and usually complains about everything
        - the last nobody wants to talk to for whatever concocted reasons. The first considers "talking" to be issuing press release stating how bad this party is.

What a mess. And some guy from Hull is suppose to sort all this out without talking to the third party and by sucking up to the first party. Good luck.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          The answer is too many on both sides. You seem to view this is a question of "tit for tat" you don't seem to be able to grasp the dynamics of the politics that are going on here. If you think Israel should not kill or injure more people than are killed by Hamas then argue the point.
          If you think Israel are wrong to retaliate then say so and explain why.
          if you think the Israelis should only retaliate in proportion to the damage they have suffered then say so and explain why.

You are happy to jump on the bandwagon and condemn the activities of the Israelis yet you seem incapable of offering any sort of solution to the problem. In fact you dont really have any understanding of the problem in the first place, which brings me back to the Brendan O'Neill analysis of people like you Brendan O

the left has stopped believing in modernity and progress, and it sees Israel as the embodiment of those things. Its vitriolic hatred for Israel is really an expression of disdain and disgust for what we might call the Western project, the Western way of life, the old ideals of nationhood, sovereignty, economic growth, human expansion, social experimentation. Israel is seen as being at the sharp edge of all those once-positive but now hated values, and thus it is intensively loathed. The left, having lost faith in modernity, has turned Israel into a kind of punchbag against which it can express its own anti-modern, anti-progress, shallowly anti-Western feelings.

In essence, Israel is very much a zeitgeist issue, where your attitudes towards it tend to reveal more about you and your worldview than they do anything about the reality of Israel. And the contemporary left’s attitudes to Israel reveal a lot about where it stands on the modern world itself. Israel is treated as a symbol of all the things that Western leftists and others once held dear, from self-possession to progressive intent, but which we now hold in trendy, postmodern disdain. This is where I think we can see that there is a very thin line, I’m afraid to say, between today’s fashionable anti-Zionism and old-style anti-Semitism.

I don't believe Israel are retaliating I believe they are the aggressor.

Comment

(Though I personally believe whatever moderates manage to agree on both sides they will just get ignored then assassinated by their own side.)
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

That may be but have not made any attempt to explain what should be done. We can all take a position and criticise an action and think we are clever but few are capable of trying to understand the dynamics of a situation and to offer a solution.
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

(Though I personally believe whatever moderates manage to agree on both sides they will just get ignored then assassinated by their own side.)
                That is meaningless drivel.

Comment

That may be but have not made any attempt to explain what should be done. We can all take a position and criticise an action and think we are clever but few are capable of trying to understand the dynamics of a situation and to offer a solution.
                  Sorry I didn't offer a solution to the middle east crisis in the contractor uk General forum

Comment

Sorry I didn't offer a solution to the middle east crisis in the contractor uk General forum
                    It is a simple question what should the Israelis do?

I will help you out here.

Not retaliate and just allow rockets to be fired at them
                    Blow every Palestinian off the planet (holiday in Magaluf maybe)
                    Pay Insurance money
                    Kill one palestinian for every Israeli killed.

The original point was that if the Israelis laid down their arme they would still be attacked by arabs. if the Arabs laid down their arms there would be peace. You don't seem bright enough to conceptualise this beyond your entrenched position of disliking the Israelis.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

That is meaningless drivel.
                      Not really, it just needs some punctuation. The moderates on either side will reach agreement. They will then be ignored and assassinated by their own side.

According to Unix, it's all Israel's fault because they started it. Either by the nation coming into existence (bastards, how dare they!) or perhaps because Judaism was founded first.
                      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Working...
                      X