• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Santander current account

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've got 2 ( single, before they introduced the 2nd account must be joint rule) never had any issues

Comment

Been ok for my business accounts too, so far. Just opened an account and when got details will transfer my various low interest cash amounts, sufficient of my pension payments to exceed £500 pm and just the bills that qualify for cashbacks. Will Leave the rest as is with Natwest.
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

We've got three at the moment. One joint and one for me & the Mrs. Not had any pronlems for the last 6 months or so since we've had them.
        England's greatest sailor since Nelson lost the armada.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          I just logged on to my business account. Thereunder shows my nice shiny new 123 personal account.

Then logged on to my personal account. The 123 account also shows there (with the same number). So seems you can link business and personal to the same login (whether or not you actually want to!)
          If I use internet banking, my business login shows my 123 accounts.

My personal login doesn't show my business accounts though.

I didn't use a switcher service, though, because I wanted to keep the old account - I just set up my two direct debits and changed my salary to go into the new account.
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

1-2-3 is a great account. We also have the 1-2-3 credit card which can be worth it depending on your spending patterns (there is an annual fee to consider).
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

New Club Lloyds current account offers 4% - Money Saving Expert

No brainer. See comparison list above.

I've got two, no switch just set up.

There are some tricks you can use here.

You can tie some of these accounts together. I know someone who pays into the Halifax account each month x 2 to get the 5per month (So £120 per year for free) and then cycles it into the Santander account and then back again, which is a bit sneaky.

The Halifax children's saver pays 6% which is a handy way to hide a bit of interest free savings if you know what I mean and Lloyd's has just added a 4% account. If you've got the time you can boost it. Santander top though.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

That looks good MF but interest is only on balances up to 5k. I've got at least 15.

In principle I could get one of those too, move a couple of SOs and pay !000pm from another account each month but 3 accounts all seems a bit complicated for an extra 50 quid.

PS Your mate's arrangement of shuffling money around between various accounts seems far to much hassle for me but for those who don't mind doing it, seems the best way to go.

PPS Just in case anyone is interested in that route, most of these accounts seem to demand certain payments in. Payments out are not specified so recycling the same money between various accounts looks workable and legal. (For those who can be arsed)
                Last edited by xoggoth; 14 July 2014, 10:16.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                  New Club Lloyds current account offers 4% - Money Saving Expert

No brainer. See comparison list above.

I've got two, no switch just set up.

There are some tricks you can use here.

You can tie some of these accounts together. I know someone who pays into the Halifax account each month x 2 to get the 5per month (So £120 per year for free) and then cycles it into the Santander account and then back again, which is a bit sneaky.

The Halifax children's saver pays 6% which is a handy way to hide a bit of interest free savings if you know what I mean and Lloyd's has just added a 4% account. If you've got the time you can boost it. Santander top though.
                  I never see the logic of all this messing about for 2.30/week. Just take one week less off a year and make £2k+ times 2 /shrug
                  Last edited by tractor; 14 July 2014, 10:11.

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                    I never see the logic of all this messing about for 2.30/week. Just take one week less off a year and make £2k+ times 2 /shrug
                    Money for Nothing and your cheques for free.
                    What happens in General, stays in General.
                    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by tractor View Post
                      While you're right, it's the principle and people who bother with this at a small scale probably do at the larger scale too.

Look after the pennies...
                      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                      Originally posted by vetran
                      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                      X