• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Welsh Government Assistance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welsh Government Assistance

Any fellow Welshies looked at this:

Financial Support and Grants | Business Wales

I'm sure they'll find a way to wiggle out of it, but the Economic Resilience Fund -> Support for Microbusinesses appears to be available to contractors who are out of contract as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak....I'm not sure how you would evidence this to be honest but the line "The grant is available to microbusinesses that are not eligible for the Business Rate Grant or the support for self-employed grant." is encouraging.

Grant approved!

Had my grant application approved!

The grant is only available where the company has at least one employee who is not 'the company owner'.

As the government has been clear - I am a shareholder, director and employee of a Ltd company and not a company owner (or I'd be a sole trader), the company also has more than one shareholder and more than one person of significant control.

Comment

Lend us £50

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
        Had my grant application approved!

The grant is only available where the company has at least one employee who is not 'the company owner'.

As the government has been clear - I am a shareholder, director and employee of a Ltd company and not a company owner (or I'd be a sole trader), the company also has more than one shareholder and more than one person of significant control.
        If that's your interpretation of not being "the company owner" it sure as hell wouldn't be mine...
        ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
          If that's your interpretation of not being "the company owner" it sure as hell wouldn't be mine...
          I'd say if you hold 100% of a limited company shares you could be seen as owning the company, but as only one shareholder, amongst others, I don't think I am. If I hold some shares in BT would that mean I own the company?

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
            I'd say if you hold 100% of a limited company shares you could be seen as owning the company, but as only one shareholder, amongst others, I don't think I am. If I hold some shares in BT would that mean I own the company?
            It would mean you own part of the company, or you could say you own a share of the company.
            How many directors does your company have?
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The trouble with this "I don't own all the shares" stuff is that, so often, the other shareholders duties are based around hoovering the first director's carpets and cooking the first director's tea

Not saying that's the case here, but if it is...
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                The trouble with this "I don't own all the shares" stuff is that, so often, the other shareholders duties are based around hoovering the first director's carpets and cooking the first director's tea

Not saying that's the case here, but if it is...

Exactly.
                If there's 1 director, 2 shareholders, but the sole director is the main shareholder and the other shareholder is their husband/wife, then while some might argue their position within the company, I'd hate to have to argue it with the authorities.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                X