• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Corona Virus Contingency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Corona Virus Contingency

Anyone else thinking of using the government grant assistance if they are sent home ?

I have myself and my son and wife as employees of my limited company and expect us all to be sent home soon as rumours go for the companies we work for, we are expecting confirmation later this week.

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

I am talking with regards to the new package released by Rishi today

Comment

You mean the business loan?

Do you not have a huge warchest in the company bearing in mind there are three of you bringing income in?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        You mean the business loan?

Do you not have a huge warchest in the company bearing in mind there are three of you bringing income in?
        It’s immaterial what is in the warchest and there are no prerequisites at present and I was talking about both the loans and grants

Comment

Originally posted by Boney MM View Post
          It’s immaterial what is in the warchest and there are no prerequisites at present and I was talking about both the loans and grants
          It's not really. It's key to whether you take a loan or not. If you've a warchest it's surely more preferable to use that?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

It's not really. It's key to whether you take a loan or not. If you've a warchest it's surely more preferable to use that?
            It is immaterial, the government are offering assistance if needed, if I or others use the warchest and this pandemic goes on for months and months until the warchest runs dry, you are unlikely to get backdated assistance.

The packages are to protect businesses throughout the period. I could claim on it insurance by why when the government are providing assistance.

You always trot out about the old warchest, it is there to sustain periods of no income, not lengthy periods with uncertainty for a pandemic that might go on for god knows how long. -

Again I said loan or GRANT as I am asking if others are intending on applying for either as it’s dependant on turnover

Comment

Originally posted by Boney MM View Post
              It is immaterial, the government are offering assistance if needed, if I or others use the warchest and this pandemic goes on for months and months until the warchest runs dry, you are unlikely to get backdated assistance.

The packages are to protect businesses throughout the period. I could claim on it insurance by why when the government are providing assistance.

You always trot out about the old warchest, it is there to sustain periods of no income, not lengthy periods with uncertainty for a pandemic that might go on for god knows how long. -

Again I said loan or GRANT as I am asking if others are intending on applying for either as it’s dependant on turnover

Yup I’m applying

Comment

I smell sockie.
                ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                  I smell sockie.
                  Usual mentality on here.

Comment

If you've a warchest it's surely more preferable to use that?
                    It's not preferable if you are a scumbag tax avoider.

Comment

Working...
                    X