• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ClientCo on the rate cut wagon at 10%

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ClientCo on the rate cut wagon at 10%

So tempted to tell them where to stick it, but is that cutting off my nose to spite my face?
    Yes
    39.29%
    No
    50.00%
    AndyW's mum will do the cutting
    10.71%
    Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Take the cut, start looking round.

Comment

Ouch, I was lucky that there were no cuts while I was there, although there was a massive cull which I survived.

Didn't you get a rate rise a while back? How is the work? Still interesting and useful enough experience to carry on, or has the bureaucracy got too much?

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
        Ouch, I was lucky that there were no cuts while I was there, although there was a massive cull which I survived.

Didn't you get a rate rise a while back? How is the work? Still interesting and useful enough experience to carry on, or has the bureaucracy got too much?
        Yep, Up 5% in March down 10% from 1st August. Contract end Mid Sept, so will prob take the cut and find something else.

Bureaucracy is BAD, a real pain in the arrse. Work is ok, but not as good as it has been, but maybe after 2 years it's time for a change.

90% of something is better than 100% of nothing.
        Last edited by Scrag Meister; 1 July 2014, 07:44.
        Never has a man been heard to say on his death bed that he wishes he'd spent more time in the office.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Every time.....
          Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            And negotiate a shorter notice period at the same time
            Best Forum Advisor 2014
            Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
            Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Use the 90% to fund your job search. Where are you these days? Still at HSBC?
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

As much as i would be tempted to stand my ground and refuse the cut. The voice of reason in my head is telling me to take it and start looking for my next gig. And probably as stated by TheFaQQer try to negotiate shorter notice.

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
                  And negotiate a shorter notice period at the same time
                  Don't forewarn them. When you find something new, advise them that you will be unavailable for the next month and then hand your notice in. Offer to send a sub if they prefer.

Or wait until you are coming up to a critical moment in the project and offer them a take it or leave it 20% rate increase.
                  The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Inform them you are going to be cutting your work rate also but by 20%.

Comment

Working...
                    X