• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Quitting job and travelling South America - how will this affect my SC?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quitting job and travelling South America - how will this affect my SC?

Hey guys,

So this summer I'm going to quit my job and go away travelling around South America. I'm aware of these stipulations:

e. No more than 12 months has elapsed since the individual left the organisation for which the clearance was originally granted or subsequently transferred to and joining the one applying for latest transfer.

f. No more than 6 months of a 12-month period between leaving one employment and joining another has been spent living overseas.

So, does this mean that, regardless of where I travel to in South America, as long as I'm back within 6 months and then find another job within 12, my SC will still be valid?

Cheers!

Originally posted by shrax View Post
    Hey guys,

[...]

Cheers!
    Hey Guy!

So, why are you asking this forum?

So, why don't you ask the people who grant "SC" to explain their own rules?

Cheers!

Comment

I got sc clearance denied as I had been travelling in India for 2 months in the previous 5 years and couldn't prove what I was doing

Comment

I dont have an SC but imagine you will lose the ability to use it and have problems getting another SC contract.

Comment

Originally posted by contractorcontractor View Post
          I dont have an SC but imagine you will lose the ability to use it and have problems getting another SC contract.
          Since you just imagine rather than know I guess your post can simply be ignored...
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

If you'e concerned then check with your current sites Security Office and maybe have a chat with the DVA.

Better to get opinions from those with the official info and access to the guideline documents.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Since you just imagine rather than know I guess your post can simply be ignored...
              Since you just guess rather than know I imagine your post can simply be ignored too.

That aside, ignore it if you like, or you can take knowledge where you find it.

Comment

Your clearance will lapse as soon as you leave your current role. If the security services don't know where you've been they will almost certainly not automatically pass your clearance on to the next role requiring it but require that you are re-vetted (although with Cerberus in the loop that shouldn't be too onerous). However, depending on where you've been you may then blow the 5 year residency rule meaning clearance won't be granted.

As has been said, check with your SSO or DVA (or whatever they're called now) and find out which countries are possible. I suspect not too many...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                X