• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

First Contractor Job

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Asap but they r aware I have 4 wks notice and that I've not contracted b4

Comment

Originally posted by ijwrighty View Post
      Asap but they r aware I have 4 wks notice and that I've not contracted b4
      ...and likely won't again if you don't stop using txspk...

Go here - www.pcg.org.uk - and download the Guide to Freelancing. You have no idea how much you don't know.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Sorry on the mobile

Comment

Originally posted by ijwrighty View Post
          Sorry on the mobile
          Thought as much... 8¬)
          Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Unfortunately it wouldn't be the first time a contract evaporates in the 4 weeks you are waiting I am afraid so have to be prepared for the worst. We have had a couple of posts wanting to know what to do when the contract dried up while they were on notice.

Make sure you read up on what contracting is about, IR35 and get your contract checked.

No reason to be text speaking on mobiles in this day and age. Mine won't let me do text speak. Keeps correcting it to the proper word.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
              ...and likely won't again if you don't stop using txspk...

Go here - www.pcg.org.uk - and download the Guide to Freelancing. You have no idea how much you don't know.
              wot u on bout dog?
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If you are outside IR35 then the financial rewards through a limited company would far outweigh those from an umbrella company but, if you are inside IR35, there would not be a significant difference in return. If you have not contracted before then you need to do a lot of reading to understand your responsibilities as a Company Director and also to determine your IR35 status. Contracts can be written or altered to give the appearance of an outside IR35 contract but the real consideration is your working practices; if the contract is not wholly representative you could find yourself in trouble further down the line. If you decide to go Ltd find an accountant that understands the contracting world - there are several who post on here and read all the guides you can lay your hands on.
                Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Working...
                X