• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is my SC granted?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is my SC granted?

Hi All,

Newbie here and apologise if this question has been answered but I cannot find the answer.

I completed my SC clearance in mid February and up until yesterday it stated "In Progress" at the top of the website page but now it says "Completed".

After an initial internet search "Completed" meant it had been granted however my sponsor says no, this just means they have accepted it and it is still going through all the checks etc? I thought that's what they were doing when you submit it and it says "Completed" half way down the page?!?!?!?

Confused!

Anyone able to shed light on this at all?

Thanks

Ring your sponsor again and ask them to go through it in detail so they can explain every step to you. They are the only people that can do anything so doesn't really matter what we say here. Maybe try speaking to a different person if you didn't get a straight answer from the first one.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

"Completed" means the vetting agency have done all their checks and returned the results to the sponsor. It's the sponsor who decides if you are cleared for the role or not. No doubt your application is now sitting in the SSO's In tray for when he's run out of things to do. Last time out, it took four weeks to get from DVA (as was) doing their thing through the local bureaucracy to my line manager.
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks for the quick replies. It was my sponsor who told me that the "completed" means nothing and that the NSV are still looking into it?!?!?!

My sponsor is desperate for me to start the job so holding back on the clearance is not something I would imagine they would do but then again who knows! I think I will just wait for the letter and decide when/ if that arrives!

Comment

Working...
        X