• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Want to go limited but not pay acct. fees when I'm not billing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want to go limited but not pay acct. fees when I'm not billing...

Any accountants who offer a 'charge per payslip' system? Rather keep the Ltd option and higher take-home.

Wouldn't you always want to be billing though?
    In Scooter we trust

Comment

Do it yourself. Then it's always free.
      Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
        Any accountants who offer a 'charge per payslip' system? Rather keep the Ltd option and higher take-home.
        sigh....

Your nice accountant is helping you by letting you pay the fee monthly instead of in one lump sum.

Work 6 months of the year, and your accountancy fees will be the same as if you worked the whole 12 months.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
          sigh....

Your nice accountant is helping you by letting you pay the fee monthly instead of in one lump sum.

Work 6 months of the year, and your accountancy fees will be the same as if you worked the whole 12 months.
          This ^^
          latest-and-greatest solution (TM) kevpuk 2013

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
            sigh....

Not much nice about having to pay a £50 'Maintenance Fee' when I'm benched over the warmer months.

Comment

Originally posted by Gym beast View Post
              Not much nice about having to pay a £50 'Maintenance Fee' when I'm benched over the warmer months.
              Are you trolling or just a bit slow?

Accountants charge one amount for doing your accounts and then allow you to pay in 12 installments.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

My accountant charges for each piece of work as he does it. Many smaller accountants will work like this. But I doubt you'll save any money.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

You don't have to retain an accountant on a monthly basis. You can do your own books and pay one to do your end of year accounts and corporation tax return. This has cost me between £500-600 in the past. I've done both; both have their pros and cons. If you don't feel you need monthly access to an accountant and are confident doing your own books then it's a reasonable and slightly cheaper option.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    Accountants charge one amount for doing your accounts and then allow you to pay in 12 installments.
                    To be fair, most of the monthly fees I've seen from some of the more popular contractor accountants, and even the discounted monthly fee I currently pay my own accountant adds up to more than a single annual cost for doing your accounts and corporation tax return (see above), so it's a reasonable question.

Comment

Working...
                    X