• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

bypass agency to work directly with client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bypass agency to work directly with client

Hi-

A past client of mine has approached me directly. At that time(2 yrs back) I was contracted through a staffing agency who paid me a daily rate after deducting their cut.
    I want to bypass any staffing agency this time.
    I am registered with an umbrella company. How can I draw up a contract with the client with being a Ltd. company?

Agree a contract between the client and your employer. If the client hasn't got a standard contract, then get one from the PCG or Qdos or somewhere similar and use that instead.

Since IR35 isn't an issue, then at least you don't have to worry about that.
    Best Forum Advisor 2014
    Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
    Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      Agree a contract between the client and your employer. If the client hasn't got a standard contract, then get one from the PCG or Qdos or somewhere similar and use that instead.
      Agreed

Since IR35 isn't an issue, then at least you don't have to worry about that.
      Ermm... I think you'll find he does, the OP's limited company is still an intermediary...
      Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
        Ermm... I think you'll find he does, the OP's limited company is still an intermediary...
        Erm, maybe, maybe not - the OP say he is with an umbrella, but also mentions a Ltd.

Originally posted by Arnie365 View Post
        I am registered with an umbrella company. How can I draw up a contract with the client with being a Ltd. company?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          IR35 doesn't apply to umbrella companies.

Maybe you should read the first timers guide over there -->
          Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

The problem here is that the OP isn't clear. He seems to say he currently is with a brolly, but that he wants to go ltd.

But Malvolio is right - if he goes ltd, he must make sure that his direct contract is one that isn't, in fact, of employment.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Hi-

A past client of mine has approached me directly. At that time(2 yrs back) I was contracted through a staffing agency who paid me a daily rate after deducting their cut.
              I want to bypass any staffing agency this time.
              Your employer - the umbrella company - should be able to provide the client with a business to business contract template
              Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                The problem here is that the OP isn't clear. He seems to say he currently is with a brolly, but that he wants to go ltd.
                No, he doesn't say that he wants to go Ltd:
                I interpreted that as the client being a Ltd company, not that he wants to go Ltd.

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
                But Malvolio is right - if he goes ltd, he must make sure that his direct contract is one that isn't, in fact, of employment.
                Agreed.
                Best Forum Advisor 2014

Comment

I want to bypass any staffing agency this time. I am registered with an umbrella company. How can I draw up a contract with the client with being a Ltd. company?
                  Often what looks like a direct to client engagement gets put through an agency (on minimal margin) because the client doesn't want to engage you direct so check this first...

If they really do want to go direct then join the PCG and use one of their standard contracts.
                  Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

How can I draw up a contract with the client with being a Ltd. company?
                    Give us a chance and ask your question in English.

Comment

Working...
                    X