• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contracting direct with Company

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Either you or the client. If the client rarely takes on someone direct, then I'd try and do it yourself. PCG and QDOS have samples to use.

Most clients pay slower than an agency.
    What about it?
    The only time I went direct (except for one or two very small pieces of work done on an email and a handshake) was with a client who had never used a direct contractor. We used the PCG template, which I said were my standard term and conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by icemancomeths View Post
      Hi guys,

I have been offered a 3 month contract with a company that I did a 3 month contract stint with last year. Now is it a simple and respected process to do this without going through an agency?

Who draws up a contract?
      Are there any negatives?
      What about IR35?
      Am I missing anything?

I'm pretty new to this game so any help will be massively appreciated.

I am a member of the PCG.

Thanks in advance!
      You should check whether your contract through the agent last year included an exclusivity clause, and if so how long the exclusivity period is. Otherwise you might find yourself obliged to pay the agent his cut regardless of having gone direct.

Comment

Originally posted by aoxomoxoa View Post
        You should check whether your contract through the agent last year included an exclusivity clause, and if so how long the exclusivity period is. Otherwise you might find yourself obliged to pay the agent his cut regardless of having gone direct.
        Or you might find yourself obliged to have an argument about why you're not obliged to pay the agent his cut regardless of having the clause in the contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
          Or you might find yourself obliged to have an argument about why you're not obliged to pay the agent his cut regardless of having the clause in the contract.
          I believe what OG may be referring to is the fact that most agents put in a standard exclusion term of 12 months, regardless of the length of the actual contract, and more often than not these would be unenforceable as they would be seen as an unreasonable restraint of trade.

Comment

Originally posted by icemancomeths View Post
            where is their forum? Can't find it :/
            PCG forum?

Grab a copy of the PCG's standard template contract and get this submitted to the client ASAP. Stumping up with your own terms of business will head off them producing their own dodgy ones full of stupid clauses that you have to argue the point over.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
              PCG forum?

Grab a copy of the PCG's standard template contract and get this submitted to the client ASAP. Stumping up with your own terms of business will head off them producing their own dodgy ones full of stupid clauses that you have to argue the point over.
              Why use the standard one when there's a fully-configured direct-to-client one?
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
              X