• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Depressing Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
    a mate of mine told me he has noticed rates dropping almost £100 per day in the last few weeks.
    Originally posted by BigRed View Post
    I've seen rubbish rates advertised up North (sub £200) and applied for one at £300 only to be told 2 days later that the client had dropped their budget to £260 max, no chance unless it's on my doorstep and I'm desperate.
    But this is all useless information. Rates for what roles? Some rates are going up for certain roles. A mate noticing rates dropping in unknown skill set over a few weeks is hardly a reflection of a market.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Be interested to know anyone elses experience of the SQL BI Market. Been getting the run around for a couple of weeks.

Comment

^ know what you mean, but if I fully qualified the specific skills, market sector, location etc. it would be almost unique anyway. I think as a general comment on IT contracts it adds a broad brushstroke

Comment

^ know what you mean, but if I fully qualified the specific skills, market sector, location etc. it would be almost unique anyway. I think as a general comment on IT contracts it adds a broad brushstroke
          But most 'What is the market like' questions don't take those factors in. They generalise so much you cannot come to a reasonable conclusion.

Comment

It's not helpful as I don't have a problem with the market.

It does help I'm reasonably mobile, have years of contract experience and find contracts in various ways.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just seem this advert on Jobserve

.Net Developer/WPF/C# - City of London - July-23-2013 (DA8iG)

Rang the agent to check that the rate wasn't a misprint, and was assured that it was totally genuine. Are these people living in a dream world?

Comment

Originally posted by Peregrine66 View Post
                Just seem this advert on Jobserve

.Net Developer/WPF/C# - City of London - July-23-2013 (DA8iG)

Rang the agent to check that the rate wasn't a misprint, and was assured that it was totally genuine. Are these people living in a dream world?
                Bright Purple, BobAgent....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Comment

Funny thing is even the bobs are not happy with these rates. There was a comment on the immigration boards about London being rubbish and dropping below the £250 a day mark.

Comment

I´m seeing adverts for banking contracts in the City at "market rates"......

This is not good.
                    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                      Funny thing is even the bobs are not happy with these rates. There was a comment on the immigration boards about London being rubbish and dropping below the £250 a day mark.

Agents and clients think immigrants are stupid.

Even the sheds with beds aren't cheap.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X