• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Feel like agency is tricking me..........not a good start to IR35....

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mosaslop View Post
    wow okay, so this is a proper internet forum.

....maybe you cannot read forum posts properly.
    Methinks that calculator is for permanent employees rather than contractors, which is why there's no ErNIC.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
      It's wrong anyway. Where's the ErNICs...?
      I think the OP stated this as their "target", i.e. the PAYE amount. Unfortunately, the umbrella amount will be somewhat less after employer NICs and umbrella fees, depending on expenses (but you'll need more than one contract in that case).

To the OP, try this:

Umbrella Company PAYE Calculator | Contractor Umbrella

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
        ...maybe you cannot write forum posts properly.

Compare what you wrote, compare the screenshot.

Then go speak to LisaContractorUmbrella about using an umbrella.
        You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to TheFaQQer again.
        Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          It's wrong anyway. Where's the ErNICs...?

As we have already said...
          I love you guys
          Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by mosaslop View Post
            surely the safer thing to do is to opt out? i guess its been made clear that the regs don't even matter regarding IR35, but then why in the other forum thread has someone said this:

'What the canny player will do is say, OK, I'll opt out but I want these changes in my contract to get me away from IR35.'
            I smell pimp here.

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
              I smell pimp here.

qh
              Opting out means less cost and risk to the agency, which is why they use FUD to persuade you to do it. The smart move is to say "OK, but in return I want these clauses to say xxxx".

Deep, isn't it...
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                I guess that is why this poster is on £140 a day lol....
                I think that's a little harsh - OP has been dropped in the deep end.

The point that OP has missed is that, as a contractor, he has to pay both Employer and Employee NIs, so he will be worse off than if on the same 'perm' salary - even before you take into account no holiday pay / sick pay / employer pension contributions / other permie benefits.

If he believes he's outside IR35 (which doesn't sound probable) he can reduce the NI aspect by taking his money as a combination of salary and dividends.

If he's inside IR35, then unless he particularly wants to run his own company, he'll probably be as well going brolly (other umbrellas are also available )

However, it sounds like he has already incorporated. Not sure what the costs are for winding up a company he's never used?

Comment

Here you go - this compares £140 per day outside and inside

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                    I think that's a little harsh - OP has been dropped in the deep end.
                    I meant because the OP is ready to sling it without reading their own post properly and had it served back to them on a plate....

Touchy aint we?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                      Here you go - this compares £140 per day outside and inside
                      Right - and this is the result i've had using other calculators, but it makes zero sense.
                      I've made a query with a few umbrella companies, and this is what parasol gave me:

now........why is that absolutely miles better than what these calculators are saying?

Comment

Working...
                      X