• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dishonest Agency?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bobspud View Post
    The agent has breached their own terms with the end client. So they have done FSCKed themselves. I had the conversation with the client and we decided we couldn't be bothered to kick up about the stolen 3k but the agency in question is not getting any new business.
    From what I understand you did this discreetly and the client simply now doesn´t give new business to the agency. So the agency doesn´t know you´ve screwed him. The point is though is that it is a dangerous game, because if the client kicks up a fuss gets mad and tells the agency he´s kicking him out because OP told him his rate then OP might be for the high jump.

It´s not simply about giving an agency a kick up the backside it´s about making sure a) you don´t lose the contract b) don´t end up with the agency taking legal action against you.

I´m not saying OP shouldn´t do this, I´m saying he should be aware of the risks, before he does do it.
    I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
      From what I understand you did this discreetly and the client simply now doesn´t give new business to the agency. So the agency doesn´t know you´ve screwed him. The point is though is that it is a dangerous game, because if the client kicks up a fuss gets mad and tells the agency he´s kicking him out because OP told him his rate then OP might be for the high jump.

It´s not simply about giving an agency a kick up the backside it´s about making sure a) you don´t lose the contract b) don´t end up with the agency taking legal action against you.

I´m not saying OP shouldn´t do this, I´m saying he should be aware of the risks, before he does do it.
      Agreed

Comment

To the OP, you could always walk away.

Those nasty agents, hey?

qh
        He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Given the current business environment, a client should assume an agent is lying about margins until proven innocent. And if it is too awkward for a client to verify rates, it is pointless for them to be asking in the first place.
          Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            So it's achieved nothing really. The agency loses some business but they have learned no lesson from this because they are unaware that the game is up so they will just keep screwing people. The client is a bit smarter and maybe they will try to avoid this happening in the future (but really they probably won't care that much).

The OP should have gone to the agency and told them that the game was up with the tacit threat that the client might find out if they didn't come up with a settlement.
            Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
            X