• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rude agents

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rude agents

Really gets my goat. I understand that its a money driven business and if you ain't in the frame for a contract then they aint gonna waste time with you but, come on, some politeness wouldn't go amiss.

I'm sure you've all had it. Agent is keen as mustard when they can sniff a result but as soon as its a no-go they can't even be arsed to take 10 secs to reply to an email.

Hardly building a good business relationship, is it? Lets just say, next time, if I ever see a contract advertised by two agencies and this is one of them, then they won't be the one I speak to first.
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

I've got a couple of friendly agents that I go to first even if its advertised elsewhere in case they also have a route in. Saves doing security checks etc again too.
    Anti-bedwetting advice

Comment

You sure you are cut out for this? Not happy with clients, not happy with agents, not happy with fellow contractors.. you sure a nice little permie number is more your cup of tea?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I hear you mate I too hold politeness in a high regard, but at the end of the day don't let it affect you

Comment

I had a very polite call from an agent just now to let me know I did not get the job and to provide feedback. The feedback was that I did not satisfy the client requirements .... and he happend to have another gig I might like to apply for.
          "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
            I had a very polite call from an agent just now to let me know I did not get the job and to provide feedback. The feedback was that I did not satisfy the client requirements .... and he happend to have another gig I might like to apply for.
            Did he say he was nice to you as he had to ditch some useless b'tard off earlier that was wasting his time so was nice to speak to professional contractors?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

(Expected comments from NLUK)

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Did he say he was nice to you as he had to ditch some useless b'tard off earlier that was wasting his time so was nice to speak to professional contractors?
                OK. So agent contacts me, tells me about a contract and asks for my CV and promises to send me a job spec. Then contacts me again to ask a few questions. Then I ask where job spec is, agent ignores me. Then I ask if this is still a goer and whether I'm going to be put forward, agent ignores me.

Anything wrong with my behaviour so far NLUK?

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
                  Really gets my goat. I understand that its a money driven business and if you ain't in the frame for a contract then they aint gonna waste time with you but, come on, some politeness wouldn't go amiss.

I'm sure you've all had it. Agent is keen as mustard when they can sniff a result but as soon as its a no-go they can't even be arsed to take 10 secs to reply to an email.

Hardly building a good business relationship, is it? Lets just say, next time, if I ever see a contract advertised by two agencies and this is one of them, then they won't be the one I speak to first.
                  IME, a 'good business relationship' with 95% of agents only last from the time they submit you for a role to you finishing at the client.

I was at one client for nearly 3.5 years through Parity. They got 3.5 years commission from that. Once the client's work dried up, I had no more contact with Parity. They couldnt be arsed trying to find me a role. To them, you just become another out of work contractor.
                  I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post

+1, really annoys me when this happens, had an agent very keen on sending me for a role in London, constantly phoning and emailing me, the rate I was asking was at the top end of the scale but apparently that was 'no problem for his client', so off goes my CV and... nothing, chased up a couple of times but he obviously can't even be bothered with even replying to my email. I contrast this with some agents who are actually much more professional with respect to building and maintaining relationships, and like you say no prizes for guessing who I would prefer to deal with in the future!

Comment

Working...
                    X