• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pyramid Consulting / Wipro Technologies

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone had any dealings with the above agent / client?

Although being offered a contract a a very good rate for 12 months I don't have great deal of confidence around payment etc..

Any insight from any other contractors will be much appreciated on this.

Thanks.

Originally posted by SecurityContractor View Post
    Has anyone had any dealings with the above agent / client?

Although being offered a contract a a very good rate for 12 months I don't have great deal of confidence around payment etc..

Any insight from any other contractors will be much appreciated on this.

Thanks.
    Wipro are probably the biggest IT consultancy in the world right now; it's all those foreign coders they keep shipping over at knock down prices. I think they're fairly secure finacnially though.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

I would say the are financially sound, but like all massive companies you will need to follow their process to get paid properly.
      https://uk.linkedin.com/in/andyhallett

Comment

Originally posted by Andy Hallett View Post
        I would say the are financially sound, but like all massive companies you will need to follow their process to get paid properly.
        Well yes, but you (or at least me), as a full time, professional contractor, should be capable of doing that as a matter of course.
        Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
          Wipro are probably the biggest IT consultancy in the world right now; it's all those foreign coders they keep shipping over at knock down prices. I think they're fairly secure finacnially though.
          I think he's asking about the agent. Never heard of Pyramid Consulting myself. Wipro however are well above board and doing extremely well.

Comment

Did about a year for Wipro at Lloyds.

The Wipro employees were all good kids - definitely selected for the onshore work by personality ( didn't do much but quite pleasant ).

The management was nasty, nasty, nasty.

In the end, paperwork was "on the way" for an extension. Then after returning home from a solid 3 days of implementation ( 18 or so hours / day ), got a call from the onsite Wipro resource manager who asked me to drop off my security badge at the reception in his name. Claimed to have no knowledge of any extension paperwork.

Comment

Avoid wipro at all costs. Totally useless in the recruitment space. Avoid!!!!!! Will trawl social media spaces to haul you in for useless roles and then botch up the recruitment processs !!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by AussieDigger View Post
                Avoid wipro at all costs. Totally useless in the recruitment space. Avoid!!!!!! Will trawl social media spaces to haul you in for useless roles and then botch up the recruitment processs !!!!!
                I can confirm this. Was called by them about a year or so back for a role. Went through all the steps required and suddenly nothing. Called them up regarding it and no one I spoke with could give me a straight answer about what was going on. Went with another company instead.

Comment

Originally posted by AussieDigger View Post
                  Ditto, exactly the same. Gave me the sales-pitch about how they were looking to onshore their consultants, had two interviews, by a UK guy and then the Indian manager.

Never heard from them, or the SpudAgent again, for which I am eternally grateful.
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

They'll look to make you permie at the first opportunity. Happened to the guy sitting next to me.
                    Blood in your poo

Comment

Working...
                    X