• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pyramid Consulting / Wipro Technologies"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by davyc01 View Post
    Similar story - I was interviewed by Wipro in Feb for a contract role and then contacted in March by the agent (Pyramid) saying Wipro wanted to offer me a permie role. I said I was interested and then nothing despite chasing Pyramid on a regular basis over two months.
    You were suppose to say "No" so they could claim there was no-one in the EU suitable.

Leave a comment:

• davyc01
    replied
    Similar story

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    Ditto, exactly the same. Gave me the sales-pitch about how they were looking to onshore their consultants, had two interviews, by a UK guy and then the Indian manager.

Never heard from them, or the SpudAgent again, for which I am eternally grateful.
    Similar story - I was interviewed by Wipro in Feb for a contract role and then contacted in March by the agent (Pyramid) saying Wipro wanted to offer me a permie role. I said I was interested and then nothing despite chasing Pyramid on a regular basis over two months.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    I did work at a client where they had exactly one Wipro contractor.

I have no idea how they managed to keep him but they had got rid of all the rest because they were useless.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Wipro like the other Indian outsourcers (Cognizant, Infosys, etc) are basically just modern day slave traders. Importing massive workforces from India on uncapped ICT work visas and then subcontracting them into big business here for less than a Brit can afford to work for. They get massive tax and national insurance dispensations. Many of their workers go onto get indefinite leave to remain here and British passports simply for working here a while. They engage in Industrial scale movement of British intellectual property to India to undercut us. They treat their staff very badly, and the way ICT visas work means that the staff have little choice but to put up with it, indentured servitude. Bullying and racism (caste on caste and anti British) is routine. They like to hire some "white veneer" locally to help them appear more balanced to their clients, and also to do the stuff they find too hard, often you will be covering up for a large team of Indian nationals failing to deliver. I would no more work for them than a slave ship captain.

Leave a comment:

• AussieDigger
    replied
    Originally posted by NDawg View Post
    I can confirm this. Was called by them about a year or so back for a role. Went through all the steps required and suddenly nothing. Called them up regarding it and no one I spoke with could give me a straight answer about what was going on. Went with another company instead.

Yeah, their UK recruiters are total plunkers. Will not align your skills, will make you go though rediculously - and I mean this - long Psych tests (535 questions) which you will just get bored with after 3 hours and countless interviews. The HR interview is totally pointless. Defo worth reading glassdoor.com to see what other / current employees say, and its not positive. Primarily its an overseas organisation run from overseas and process driven. YOu won't have an individual voice in there. Smaller firms are better.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    I worked on sight with some of their consultants and in the main they were next to useless.

Kept on e-mailing me after I left to ask questions.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Pyramid Consulting / Wipro Technologies

I did get the call and it is £180/200 a day isn't it?!!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    About 3 years ago I got contacted by an agent with a UK accent about a role for one of these companies.

I did a test then an interview and answered the tricky questions the Indian accented interviewer asked me.

The agent came back and said "No they don't want you" and couldn't understand why as he said that when he asked for feedback they refused to give him any. He had had difficulty finding anyone they wanted to interview.

Two days later I got a phone call from an Indian accented person from exactly the same company offering me a contract role direct in a completely different place.

So while I completely dislike most agents I phoned the agent up and told him what had just happened. And no I didn't accept the contract.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Pyramid Consulting / Wipro Technologies

Originally posted by Darren_Test View Post
    If you managed to get a good rate from these lot, then nothing to worry. These guys are as good (bad) as any other agency. Biggest struggle will be to get a reasonable rate.
    Just seen the old Manchester/Pudsey/Edinburgh multiskilled AIX frame building roles come up, lpar, vio, hacmp etc, I reckon they're offering £180/day!

Guess who? Damco! Means I'll get some semi-literate Bob calling me soon.

Leave a comment:

• Darren_Test
    replied
    If you managed to get a good rate from these lot, then nothing to worry. These guys are as good (bad) as any other agency. Biggest struggle will be to get a reasonable rate.

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by bobbyg View Post
    Pyramid, Damco, Black Apple and Silverlink Technologies all source for Wipro. Personally i find it difficult to get the warm and fuzzy feeling from any of them.
    I was approached by Damco for a central London contract with their 'top tier exclusive client', senior java dev with GWT experience, and the rate? £300 a day

Leave a comment:

• bobbyg
    replied
    Originally posted by SecurityContractor View Post
    Has anyone had any dealings with the above agent / client?

Although being offered a contract a a very good rate for 12 months I don't have great deal of confidence around payment etc..

Any insight from any other contractors will be much appreciated on this.

Thanks.
    Pyramid, Damco, Black Apple and Silverlink Technologies all source for Wipro. Personally i find it difficult to get the warm and fuzzy feeling from any of them.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    They'll look to make you permie at the first opportunity. Happened to the guy sitting next to me.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Originally posted by AussieDigger View Post
    Avoid wipro at all costs. Totally useless in the recruitment space. Avoid!!!!!! Will trawl social media spaces to haul you in for useless roles and then botch up the recruitment processs !!!!!
    Ditto, exactly the same. Gave me the sales-pitch about how they were looking to onshore their consultants, had two interviews, by a UK guy and then the Indian manager.

Never heard from them, or the SpudAgent again, for which I am eternally grateful.

Leave a comment:

• NDawg
    replied
    Originally posted by AussieDigger View Post
    Avoid wipro at all costs. Totally useless in the recruitment space. Avoid!!!!!! Will trawl social media spaces to haul you in for useless roles and then botch up the recruitment processs !!!!!
    I can confirm this. Was called by them about a year or so back for a role. Went through all the steps required and suddenly nothing. Called them up regarding it and no one I spoke with could give me a straight answer about what was going on. Went with another company instead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X