• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bypassing a bad Agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    Seconded/thirded. You're not the agency's customer, they are your customer. You don't get to tell the customer what to buy.

I agree entirely that the agency is providing a service to the client not the OP (see previous post) but the client is not getting a good service from their supplier (agent) and it may be worth bringing this to their attention. I.e express your concerns to the client that your contract is up for renewal but this hasn't been progressed by the agent. If you have a decent working relationship with the client they may phone the agent and tell them to JFDI.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
      I agree entirely that the agency is providing a service to the client not the OP (see previous post) but the client is not getting a good service from their supplier (agent) and it may be worth bringing this to their attention. I.e express your concerns to the client that your contract is up for renewal but this hasn't been progressed by the agent. If you have a decent working relationship with the client they may phone the agent and tell them to JFDI.
      It's getting horribly "consensual" around here is it not?
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
        It's getting horribly "consensual" around here is it not?
        Sorry, shall we get back to opting in or out?

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
          Sorry, shall we get back to opting in or out?
          I am afraid that it is not a subject that I get particularly worked up about, though it will bring Denny and mailman out from under their stones
          Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent
            I am afraid that it is not a subject that I get particularly worked up about, though it will bring Denny and mailman out from under their stones
            When are you going to opt out from being a pain in the arse?

Comment

Working...
            X