• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Asked for a doctor's certificate contractor

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Or a trolling sockie.
    Not necessarily - see my reply on the first page!

Comment

If you have rights to supply a substitute, could you not supply a doctors note from the substitute?

Comment

Originally posted by ctdctd View Post
        Not necessarily - see my reply on the first page!
        That is different. Supplying a doctors certificate just means you don't have to ring in every day. It isn't a requirement, it just helps the process.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
          If you have rights to supply a substitute, could you not supply a doctors note from the substitute?
          Depends who is doing the work and the definitions in the contract.

Obviously if the "consultant" means your entire company then there is no way you can get a doctor to give a sick note.

If it means the individual from your company doing the work then you can supply it.

The client may just want to confirm whether you have something contagious like TB or measles.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Has One Ever Been Asked for a Doctor's Certificate?

Originally posted by snarfblat View Post
            Reading through the stories here made me think of a time where I was contracting and missed about a week with the flu.

I told them I was returning on x day and the agency asks me for a doctor's certificate. I had to laugh.

I ignored the request but I really wanted to say, are you planning on paying me for those days?

Have you been asked for a doctor's certificate when you are not an employee?
            No. Not ever. No-one has ever asked me for a doctor's certificate under any circumstances.

Were you really to have had "flu" though, you would have missed at least two-weeks at work.

Comment

Have you been asked for a doctor's certificate when you are not an employee?
              No.

I have however been asked to provide a psychiatric report several times.
              nomadd liked this post

Comment

Please Provide a Psychiatric Report

Originally posted by nomadd View Post
                No.

I have however been asked to provide a psychiatric report several times.
                Who asked you; and how did you respond?

Comment

Originally posted by helpFul View Post
                  Who asked you; and how did you respond?
                  The Voices told me to stay at home today and clean my gun collection. Do you have a problem with that?
                  Job motivation: how the powerful steal from the stupid.

Comment

So would you just ignore them if they asked for one? I'm not an employee. I don't get paid if I am not working.

Comment

So would you just ignore them if they asked for one? I'm not an employee. I don't get paid if I am not working.
                      Interesting question from someone that can turn a load of monkeys in to an outstanding team recognised by the top brass.....
                      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X