• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Shock Horror a decent pimp!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shock Horror a decent pimp!!

I finished a 16 month gig at the end of December working through a small agency in Leeds, agency were always fine, paid on time (7 days after invoice) and i was even taken out for lunch a couple of times!

but what has surprised me, was that since finishing with them, the agent has actually bothered keeping in contact, i've never had this from any other agency its always been thanks very much bye, even though my initial 3 motnhers have always turned into 15month+ so they've made some good wedge out of me. However this agent regularly checks in to see what my availability is (and not sniffing for leads), sending me possible roles i might be interested in, however today he sent me an email for a role with another agency!!! They are not affiliated with this other other agency he just said "i saw this, this looks a good match for you! and it's pretty local" I was quite gobsmacked!

I guess it proves they're not all blood sucking pond scum

It does give you a bit of hope for mankind.

I've had 2 that were decent and actually became friends outside of work.

Comment

Originally posted by snarfblat View Post
      It does give you a bit of hope for mankind.

I've had 2 that were decent and actually became friends outside of work.
      Does he ask you for the names of people you work with when you go out?
      Blood in your poo

Comment

I've worked through a couple of good guys in the last few years. One even took the time to advise on my CV even though he had nothing for me at the time. Have also spoken to quite a few who have been helpful in the last month, although again nothing happening in terms of a role.

Having said that, I spoke to a complete harris yesterday. Low paying job in London, requirements full of buzzwords, didn't have a clue what he was talking about but thought he was doing me a favour anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
          I finished a 16 month gig at the end of December working through a small agency in Leeds, agency were always fine, paid on time (7 days after invoice) and i was even taken out for lunch a couple of times!

but what has surprised me, was that since finishing with them, the agent has actually bothered keeping in contact, i've never had this from any other agency its always been thanks very much bye, even though my initial 3 motnhers have always turned into 15month+ so they've made some good wedge out of me. However this agent regularly checks in to see what my availability is (and not sniffing for leads), sending me possible roles i might be interested in, however today he sent me an email for a role with another agency!!! They are not affiliated with this other other agency he just said "i saw this, this looks a good match for you! and it's pretty local" I was quite gobsmacked!

I guess it proves they're not all blood sucking pond scum
          I think I can guess the agent. mind you i've not spoken to Sven in years.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            I think I can guess the agent. mind you i've not spoken to Sven in years.
            Not Sven, it's a chap called Simon

PS what happened to NLUK's sarky post?

Comment

I hope you are willingly giving him market info back - providing it doesnt hurt your own position.

As unless agents like him are rewarded then you will just be left with the ones that use underhand tactics.

Comment

Originally posted by Fandango View Post
                Not Sven, it's a chap called Simon

PS what happened to NLUK's sarky post?
                I had a passing moment of being nice so deleted it.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Comment

Working...
                    X