• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hyphen / Spring (Adecco) Employed Consultants Model (ECM) big rip off ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adecco tried this at Bank of America a few years ago, especially at renewal point. We never knew of anyone taking them up on their kind offer. We suspected they told the client they turned the extension down.

Comment

Originally posted by Damon View Post
      Adecco tried this at Bank of America a few years ago, especially at renewal point. We never knew of anyone taking them up on their kind offer. We suspected they told the client they turned the extension down.
      I'll probably be posting back here in 6 months complaining, but **** it - I'm just going to give it a go anyway.

Comment

I took a role as an ECM with Manpower for nigh on 3 years. I left end Jan 2013 to go back to Ltd.

I came back to the company where Manpower had me shipped out to mid-August as a Ltd.

Benefits as ECM:
        A permie salary at contractor rates (less 14% than I would have achieved then as Ltd.
        33 days paid Annual Leave
        14 days paid Sick Leave
        Sharesave scheme
        Pension Scheme
        NO ADMIN

Negatives as ECM
        No salary increases in the 3 years, even though I was classed a "Top-Performer". Their processes for review were deliberately obscure
        Pension never materialised due to their deliberately obscure process to join

Having come back to ClientCo. as MyCo. I have managed to achieve an increase in rate previously unheard of. I have also managed to pay an Accountant circa £100 per month for an ancient spreadsheet based accounting system that fails Accounting 101.

It was very easy as an ECM - just pitch up and get paid, but I would not do it again. I realised that I am unemployable
        Last edited by Scruff; 3 December 2013, 08:30. Reason: Remove "LIST"s
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
          A permie salary at contractor rates (less 14% than I would have achieved then as Ltd.
          33 days paid Annual Leave
          14 days paid Sick Leave
          Sharesave scheme
          Pension Scheme
          NO ADMIN
          When you say less 14% achieved, is this in your pocket or gross? 14% less for all the other points below do seem like a pretty good deal. The salary increase isn't a problem either, my rate has gone down and back to the same in that period so can swing both ways. Last person I spoke to on these types of gigs were on permie pro-rata so much worse off compared to contracting.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

NLUK

It was 14% less, on the Gross Rate that I would have earned as a Ltd Contractor. I did qualify for very generous overtime, too.

My net was averaging 65% of my Gross Salary, after deductions.

Ultimately, it was Manpower UK that I never fancied, based upon their inability to hold Annual Reviews less than 6 months after the anniversary dates, their inability to explain why I wasn't included in their Pension Fund and why it took 2 years 8 months before the Sharesave scheme started, when it was supposed to have started from the 2nd year anniversary.

All shirt and no trousers.
            I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
            X