• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Credit Check for an interview???

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Credit Check for an interview???

I've an interview lined up for a contract in a bank. However, I've just been told by the agency that a credit check has to be done before the interview.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if I was offered the role, but just for the interview seems a little excessive!!!

Maybe they want to cut the amount of time it takes to get you in?

Then again, is it true that the higher the number of credit checks on your file also equals a higher chance of someone saying no if you go for a loan?

Mailman

Comment

Never heard that one before - who is the bank and I'll be able to tell you whether that's correct!

JPMorgan conduct them before contracts are issued ...

Comment

Police and Credit Check

I had this before I joined RBS and it was after the interview stage, not before.
        "Hope your doing fine". My favourite opening line in emails from certain agencies! Not only the fact they can't spell, but who actually says that?

Comment

see this thread!!!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/threa...dit+check.html

Comment

Look at it this way, could mean they are going to offer you the role anyway.

Before the interview is a new one on me

Comment

Once you've been offered then yes (even then I think its a fkin liberty) but not before. You're well within your rights to say that. If the agent says no, then go through a different agent (and tell him you're going to do that - he should soon change his mind). Where's the role - we may be able to find you a different agent for it
              "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Oops - nearly sounded like an agent there... don't post where it is if you don't want - I don't give a sh!t!

Cheers.
                "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

It's with RBS - seems standard for them to do it for all employee's, but with Interviewee's???

I shouldn't have any issues passing it & I don't want to tell them to jog on just because of this. Just wondered what other peoples take on it was, seemed a strange one.

Comment

Just remember, every credit check is a negative point on your file.

Comment

Working...
                    X