• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paying Corporation Tax through Barclays

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Walk into bank branch and make CHAPs transfer.

Or just ask Darren to pay your tax...

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      I think any more than 3 payments - and I would have done that. It was easier (and cheaper) to make the payment over 3 days than haul myself down to the branch with passport etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
        I just had to jump through a couple of hoops as my Corporation Tax was greater than the £20k limit used by Barclays on their "Make a Payment" option. If you're trying to make a payment > £20k, don't select the account name (to whom you're paying) from the automatic list that comes up while you're entering the name, sort code or account number.
        Can't you send multiple payments under £20k to the sum of the overall amount ?

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        You have to pay to make a CHAPS transfer - online transfer is no charge.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
          Can't you send multiple payments under £20k to the sum of the overall amount ?
          That's what normal people do to get around banks' arbitrary limits on faster payment transfers.

Alternatively you can actually pay online through the HMRC website using a business debit card if your bank is stupid, like mine has been in the past, and blacks out HMRC account numbers so you don't know if you are paying to the correct HMRC account.

I should add they also prevented you from setting up payments to HMRC yourself and default to the blacked out numbers if you attempted to do this.
          Last edited by SueEllen; 29 December 2012, 15:34.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            If you are paying more than £20k Corp Tax I would find a better accountant!
            A friend's accountant suggested setting up a West Indies branch to work around that problem - you're paying more than Google aren't you
            But more seriously it's better to keep ca 80% of the money in the LTd than to spend it on stupid expenses...

Comment

Originally posted by yasockie View Post
              A friend's accountant suggested setting up a West Indies branch to work around that problem - you're paying more than Google aren't you
              But more seriously it's better to keep ca 80% of the money in the LTd than to spend it on stupid expenses...
              Great point! So often people want to buy x and y from the company forgetting a majority of it comes out of their pocket in the end.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                I just had to jump through a couple of hoops as my Corporation Tax was greater than the £20k limit used by Barclays on their "Make a Payment" option.
                Yeah, if you have to pay more than 500k in tax, the process is even trickier. Speaking from bitter personal experience of course.

Any ladies on the forum by the way?
                Der going over der to get der der's.

Comment

-If you call barclays at around 2pm, you will get the UK call centre instead.
                  -You can request barclays to increase your limit

Comment

Originally posted by knight007 View Post
                    -If you call barclays at around 2pm, you will get the UK call centre instead.
                    -You can request barclays to increase your limit
                    Upgrade to Barclays Premier Banking - dedicated UK based contact and direct lines to school leavers, I mean relationship managers

Comment

Working...
                    X