• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Test Analysts

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was put in for this gig (I think) last week - Real Staffing. Heard nothing yet.
    Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
      I was put in for this gig (I think) last week - Real Staffing. Heard nothing yet.
      Wasn't this gig mate. Might have been a similar one for same client, but wasn't this one.
      When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Testing is a waste of time - we just get hold of the excel spreddy or whatever the testers have been told to use and just make sure the bits on that work!

Nowt else does! Muhahaha - Muhahahaha!

Slight aside - recent role I was on someone was firing off a million loadrunner (wasn't that - something similar, can't quite remember the exact routine) scripts needing a login to every lpar on the AIX estate, doing it's bit then exiting, except he forgot the exit, and it wasn't his account, he was on holiday and someone else was using it.....

Bit of a mess, 250-odd ssh connections to every lpar, stuffed the VM's, had to reboot every frames lpars (not VIOS).

Well, could have managed - at great expense killing the ssh procs, leaving loads of defunct zombie processes till next reboot, but at the end of the day, it was only test environment so who cares!!

Testers, eh!!

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Testing is a waste of time - we just get hold of the excel spreddy or whatever the testers have been told to use and just make sure the bits on that work!

Nowt else does! Muhahaha - Muhahahaha!

Testers, eh!!
          That's why I don't tell the developers whats going to be tested. I just say "All of it".

Mind you, when I asked if they wouldn't mind delivering a product which could, at the very least, process a piece of data from input to it's eventual output events the code was a week later than planned.

Developers? Really!

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
            That's why I don't tell the developers whats going to be tested. I just say "All of it".

Mind you, when I asked if they wouldn't mind delivering a product which could, at the very least, process a piece of data from input to it's eventual output events the code was a week later than planned.

Developers? Really!
            See the point honest! Though I'm Build not Dev, don't start me on programming or whatever it's called, that's just fancy Lotus 123 macros....

Comment

Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post

Developers? Really!
              At which point could you actually tell us developers how you got to the bit where the bug your complaining about occurred. Granted I know you don't want to write a test spec but I'm not psychic and if you can't remember what on earth you did to create the bug how am I supposed to guess what you did to get there.

And if you can't remember do it again while documenting it and confirm its a bug and not the consequences of someone else restarting the server as requested by testing 30 minutes earlier.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I'm available on 8th Dec, but could be sooner if need be

Just got notice that contracts for the team aren't being renewed, therefore, I'm available 8th Dec, but could be sooner. Background includes financial services (mortgage, credit cards, etc) TD & QC, as BA, STA, TA, change control, defect manager, etc. Based in the North West.

I just joined to PM you, so I guess admin needs to assess my suitability to join such a network of highly esteemed, motivated professionals. Another guy has a similar background, but signed up to 8th Jan, but might be interested.

Comment

Please wave your c0cks on a different thread.

No fcking around in the professional forums chaps.

I want CVs from decent testers, not a fight between, dev, infrastructure and test as to who is the most useless

Please bear in mind, if you get the job, you'll be my bitch. But you'll have a right good laugh and maybe learn something along the way

Comment

Just joined..

How do I PM somebody after just joining, there's nothing in FAQ about this.

Comment

Originally posted by anonymouse View Post
                      How do I PM somebody after just joining, there's nothing in FAQ about this.
                      You've just failed the interview for failing to read the tech-spec

Ask one of the nice mods to unlock your PMs, otherwise, keep posting rubbish in General until your post count allows you to PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X