• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency Taking Large Percentage of Daily Rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency Taking Large Percentage of Daily Rate

Hi all,
    Is it acceptable for an agency to take 36% of my daily rate ... ?
    Thoughts welcome please
    Regards

Never mind their percentage, are you happy with your rate?

If not, negotiate.
    If you are then carry on.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Yes, it's acceptable, your agent wants the sports trim on his A3 on order, how's he going to get it unless you let him?

Comment

The question you should ask is should I only be taking 64% of his rate. He gets the money from the client and then between you decide what you should get, not the other way around.

Taking 36% of your day rate would indicate you agree a price and then he takes 36%.

Sounds about right from what I read IMO.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Tescos charged me £2 for a box of Weetabix the other day. Is this legal?

They shouldn't be allowed to make a profit off me. And someone dragged me into the store and made me buy the Weetabix too. Scandalous.
          Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Tescos charged me £2 for a box of Weetabix the other day. Is this legal?

They shouldn't be allowed to make a profit off me. And someone dragged me into the store and made me buy the Weetabix too. Scandalous.
            What size box?
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by speling bee View Post
              What size box?
              it had a sneaky 10% cut in size without telling anyone...

Comment

Now you know what you are worth

Originally posted by Scrat View Post
                Hi all,
                Is it acceptable for an agency to take 36% of my daily rate ... ?
                Thoughts welcome please
                Regards
                Now you know that you are worth about 20% more than than what you quoted as a daily rate to provide your services. If you are a UK EU citizen then better luck next time. If you are a non EU citizen then that is why they are exploiting you

Comment

You are getting f***ed over.
                  Anything over 20% is taking the piss, anything under 10% is excellent.
                  At next renewal - I would ask for enough to reduce this to 15%, I wouldnt try to justify or explain.
                  Then the games can begin...

Comment

Originally posted by lukemg View Post
                    You are getting f***ed over.
                    Anything over 20% is taking the piss, anything under 10% is excellent.
                    At next renewal - I would ask for enough to reduce this to 15%, I wouldnt try to justify or explain.
                    Agree with that. The agent can do business however they like but in my opinion, 36% is far too much and it is not acceptable from a client or contractor point of view.

Get your business hat on and start negotiating a better deal or find a new job.
                    Free advice and opinions - refunds are available if you are not 100% satisfied.

Comment

Working...
                    X