• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Stepping on to contracting world

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stepping on to contracting world

Hi All,

looking for expert advice on following points. i am planning to move from my current permanent position to contracting

1. can i still go ahead with opening my own company are there impacts of new AWR rules on this kind of contracting model(Husband wife company?)

2. how do i know if contract is inside IR35 or Not?

3. Any good accountant suggestion?

4. Any good umbrella company suggestion?

5. If i get more than 3 months long contract then how does AWR will impact this and me?

sorry for so many questions at once, please if you can one by one.

-Thanks
    nav

Nluk, nluk, nluk, nluk

Comment

Originally posted by naveensoni View Post
      Hi All,

looking for expert advice on following points. i am planning to move from my current permanent position to contracting
      Something tells me you are not cut out.

1. can i still go ahead with opening my own company are there impacts of new AWR rules on this kind of contracting model(Husband wife company?)
      Nope, this is no longer allowed

You don't. You just start work and HMRC will come and inspect you. You will either get a clean bill of health or they will take you bent over a barrel with your trousers round your ankles. It is a gamble we all take and as much as I like the idea of the latter outcome it hasn't happened to me yet... boooo

Directory of Contractor Accountants - accountancy services providers for IT contractors :: Contractor UK
      http://forums.contractoruk.com/accou...-requests.html

CUK Reader Awards 2011 - at a glance :: Contractor UK

5. If i get more than 3 months long contract then how does AWR will impact this and me?
      It means you are liable to be sued for the entire cost of the contract I believe.

Enjoy
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

You seem to have been posting here for quite a few years and have some threads already about AWR and IR35. Why are you asking questions like this when you have been a contractor before and a long time lurker of the forums? You trolling per chance?
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by naveensoni View Post
          Hi All,

sorry for so many questions at once, please if you can one by one.

-Thanks
          nav
          Basically you need balls, and I see no balls here.

Comment

Funnily enough this has been asked before: http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...-awr-ir35.html

And of course the first timers guides have advice on AWR and IR35 >>>>>>>>>>>

Ask your accountant about Ltd company husband and wife rules.

Call QDOS or Bauer & Cottrell and show them your contract, they'll tell you if it's inside IR35 or not.

Make sure your working practices reflect the contract.
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
            X