• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Work not as described

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Similar to what happened to me

I made a post here a couple of months ago about something similar (http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...you-stick.html), though in my case I had the contract signed ok before I started. I was stupid enough to miss something in the notice period section of the T&Cs about explicit permission to serve notice needing to be given on the notes page, so just assumed that the fact there was a notice period on the notes meant that I could give notice. Anyway, long story short I complained hard about them misrepresenting the contract and they sacked me. I'm happy enough with that as I'd rather be out than in, even if I'm developing my own stuff, however I started looking at contractual misrepresentation: Misrepresentation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and I figured, if they sent me a job description that caused me to sign the contract then I still have grounds to sue for misrepresentation if they refuse to pay. You could probably dissolve the contract hassle free if you have an e-mail with a job description that doesn't match your job, though you will definitely want to check that with a lawyer first.

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Still cant believe the OP did this? How on earth can you show up without even seeing the contract?

Whats to stop them putting your rate down to £1 a day? Really dull thing to do.
      I think because most agents contracts do make some attempt at being IR35 compliant nowadays, no agent realistically is gonna pull that one. Could happen, but come on...

Be vigilant I agree, but dotting every i and crossing every t will mean more often than not u will lose the gig or get a rep for being a knob...

Comment

Would be pure karma if you got this gig by lying on your CV as you suggested in the thread you started on the 5th.

And just to give jmo21 something to post on today....

I complained hard about them misrepresenting the contract and they sacked me.
        You don't get sacked as a contractor

3. Slang Dismissal from employment:
        from sacked - definition of sacked by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

[QUOTE=northernladuk;1620383]Would be pure karma if you got this gig by lying on your CV as you suggested in the thread you started on the 5th.

NLUK could you please give it a rest?
          I DID NOT LIED ON MY CV. I NEVER HAVE.

Jesus, you dont even know me...

Comment

NLUK could you please give it a rest?
            I DID NOT LIED ON MY CV. I NEVER HAVE.

Jesus, you dont even know me...[/QUOTE]

No but considering it a possibility to lie on your CV and turning up to gigs without having reviewed the contract tell me enough.

You haven't just recently married Podgy have you?
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              You haven't just recently married Podgy have you?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                I think because most agents contracts do make some attempt at being IR35 compliant nowadays, no agent realistically is gonna pull that one. Could happen, but come on...

Be vigilant I agree, but dotting every i and crossing every t will mean more often than not u will lose the gig or get a rep for being a knob...
                Not sure I agree here. Admitedly, dont act like an awkward twat for the sake of it but, dont be pushed into something thats not sorted out.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X