• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CV

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CV

Hi,

Do I have to disclose my current company name on my CV? Does it matter? I am getting annoyed the agents asking me about my current company rather than telling me what jobs they have.

I will mention my current company as long as the agents submit my CV to the clients. I was wondering I may not get any chances if I refuse to tell them my current company details.

Has anyone done this before?

They know that there is a recruitment opportunity at your current employer/client (i.e. - your job).

If you give them the name they will tell your manager that they have a potential contractor for your job.

Whether they have a new contract for you is another question...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Do you mention your current employer on your CV?

Would I make myself in trouble if I insist not to tell my current employer's name to the agent until I have actually got a job specification and the potential employer's name

Any suggestions would be appreciated
      Last edited by clwd; 23 July 2012, 11:37.

Comment

I don't put my current client on my CV while I'm in contract. It will only go after I've left.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Any agent with a role would be more interested in telling you about the role and seeing if your skills match their job spec than asking about your current client.

I suggest you be as forceful as they are and end the phone call if they start talking about your current client without going into the role.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by clwd View Post
            Do you mention your current employer on your CV
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              LOL!

Ah well, he didnt mention brollies!
              I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                I don't put my current client on my CV while I'm in contract. It will only go after I've left.
                Do you not show the current client name, or not have an entry for it at all?

I do have current client co when I'm looking, but thinking about hiding them now.

Comment

I only start putting my CV out when I know my time with a client is coming to an end so then loyalty goes out of the window, I will never schill a managers name to an obvious pimp who is just fishing, but of course the clients name and details are going on my CV
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
                  X