• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Invoice numbering

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Strictly speaking the supplier (you) raises invoices and what you get from the purchaser is a purchase order,
    Not the case under self-billing - the document the client raises IS the invoice and is the document that matters from a tax point of view (particularly VAT). It is not a PO. Any duplicate invoice you create for your own records is just that.

Comment

Hi Folks,

Do the invoice numbers only have to be in sequence for the year or following on from the previous year.

Up to now I have done a small bit of casual freelance over a couple of years. I prefix my invoice number with the year and then the actual number, padded with zeroes.

Example.

Would this satisfy HRMC?

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        This what I do and attach the self-billed invoice to my invoice (which I don't send out). Both are then reconciled.
        and also what I do too when self billing is in play
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by password View Post
          Hi Folks,

Do the invoice numbers only have to be in sequence for the year or following on from the previous year.

Up to now I have done a small bit of casual freelance over a couple of years. I prefix my invoice number with the year and then the actual number, padded with zeroes.

Example.

Would this satisfy HRMC?
          What did your accountant say when you asked him?

Saying that... does this thread not answer your question???
          Last edited by northernladuk; 8 October 2015, 09:08.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
          X