• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Any experiences with Hays IT?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yet another permie, wanna be contractor.................

Comment

I worked through them for two and a half years with one client. They were the preferred supplier and were pretty good, chasing the client when renewal came up etc. They paid on time and I never had any problems. When it was time to leave, though, I thought they were pretty poor.

Comment

Originally posted by wicksy
        Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

Pondlife, expat and Mordac - are the questions you've posed related just to Hays or are they more of a general rant against agents?
        Nothing against Hays. Lord put in a comment which we thought was oversimplified in its view of what you needed to know about your agent. Mordac sensibly put in a list of other questions one might ask. He asked for more suggested questions about an agency's behaviour, and Pondlife and I threw in a few more.

I have no experience of Hays but might have a possible contract with them soon: if it comes through I think I'll take it. So no, nothing against them.

Comment

It's really the old chestnut of "the best agency is the one with the contract you want"

Comment

Originally posted by wicksy
            Thanks for the replies so far everyone.

Pondlife, expat and Mordac - are the questions you've posed related just to Hays or are they more of a general rant against agents?
            In my case it was a response to "Lord" - the questions apply equally to most agents.
            I've never contracted through Hays, but from what I can gather from those who have, they're not one of the best or one of the worst.
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

The Revenue are always sending me official documents and stuff for contractors managed by Hays, mistakenly saying that they work for my company. I've complained, they investigated, and concluded that there was not a problem. I've never known a commercial company to display such incompetence. But we is talking cushy public sector here.

Comment

Personally, I would not touch them. I worked through them on a 'temp' basis (a long story why I did that for another thread maybe) and eneded up getting shafted on their 'holiday' arrangements. Thing is, you have to give 2 weeks notice to take a holiday (pay of which 7% is deducted before you go) but they gave me a weeks notice to quit! So I took the rest of the time off and got some time back.

But for me, if it Hays IT it will be a case of 'Just say no'.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Black.
                  yeah me and my boyfriend both go through HAYsIT. They are pretty professional.
                  Poof

Comment

Working...
                  X