• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Telemarketing recommendation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Telemarketing recommendation

Am looking to outsource some Telemarketing, can anyone recommend a good company?

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
    Am looking to outsource some Telemarketing, can anyone recommend a good company?
    I really think you should look elsewhere for advice on telemarketing. Most people here are scared to speak to people they know let alone selling to total strangers.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Is this really something you should be doing on behalf of a client? Unless specifically detailed in my contract to do this I would try and steer away from it, particularly if you don't know any suitable companies. I would attempt to get the client to source a supplier, carry out any due diligence and engage them. I can't believe a client would be too happy letting a contractor do this.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Is this really something you should be doing on behalf of a client? Unless specifically detailed in my contract to do this I would try and steer away from it, particularly if you don't know any suitable companies. I would attempt to get the client to source a supplier, carry out any due diligence and engage them. I can't believe a client would be too happy letting a contractor do this.
        Could be his Plan B?

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
          Could be his Plan B?

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis View Post
            You should really give an indication of how many people you kind of need.

For example on those freelancers sites such as PeoplePerHour there are UK based telemarketers who can bid for the work. Obviously you would need to speak to them to check whether their voice was acceptable.

You do risk if you go for larger companies ending up with overseas people ringing people up.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

To elobrate ... I've spoken to a few companies who will telemarket my product. It all sounds great, not too expensive, pay per call, they sound competent etc.. but I always like to go by recommendation and am by nature a little untrusting. The person I speak to might be good, but the person who ends up making the calls might be a right muppet.

I'm always amazed at the knowledge on this forum so I thought I might strike it lucky with a recommendation.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                You do risk if you go for larger companies ending up with overseas people ringing people up.
                My biggest fear!!

Comment

Working...
                X