• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Consulting firm refusing to pay invoice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kempc23 View Post
    I AM an accountant
    I'm sure you're familiar with this then, so why are you asking us?

HM Revenue & Customs: Costs passed on to clients - disbursements - and VAT

You seem to be arguing a lot with people who don't agree with you. Just don't follow their advice.

So go after the £100.

Or not and get your £10k back.

The choice is yours. Good luck for tomorrow.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Its not £20, its around £100. Still not a lot, but not £20. The £20 figure just relates to one invoice.
      Still tiny in the grand scheme of things. Not an amount to loose sleep over. and definitely not an amount worth loosing a client over.

Good luck.

Comment

Its not £20, its around £100. Still not a lot, but not £20. The £20 figure just relates to one invoice.
        Note to self, dont partner with this bloke... I can see you'd be great to mediate with! Conflict management would be a nightmare with the customer and you.

I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

This is a common "problem" as most clients expects you to charge them the net amount and to add the VAT on top. If you do add VAT on the gross amount you are making a profit on the expenses.

Anyway, I always add my VAT on top of the gross amount and this is not to make a profit but to avoid going through every receipt to find the net amount. What's the point of being in the flat rate scheme if you still need to go through all your receipts to find what the net amount is?

I have considered charging the client an admin fee when they ask for this, but instead I just charge them the gross amount and add VAT and they never pick up on it.....

Comment

Working...
          X