• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

what does "greenfield development" role mean?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what does "greenfield development" role mean?

anybody know?

well

sewing grass mainly. perhaps some shrubs.

Comment

Its a project to do something that the client has never done before and has no real clue how to. There are two possible outcomes:

1. You make it all work wonderfully and management take the credit for their brilliant buisness acumen.

2. It crashes and burns and you get the blame.

Hmmm, I really am in a grumpy mood today...
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by Boolean
        anybody know?
        Normally a brand new system development with no legacy systems to consider.

Comment

thanks

Comment

...kerching is what it means...
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I've also heard the term used quite literally - a 'greenfield' site or project being one of those companies located on a plot of land outside any city centre that has lots of grass and greenery.

Comment

kerching with a nice view then...
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

... and hay fever.

Comment

Working...
                  X