• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract review

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scooby View Post
    And this was the bit I needed! Hannah sorted me! Quick question, when sending an email, is there an automated reply? I've had no response, but I do know one or two people have had emails returned to them from my account.
    There isn't an auto reply on that address, no. Feel free to PM me your details and I'll double check it's in the system.
    Qdos Contractor - IR35 experts

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
      I always ask my accountant to review any new contracts before signing as an additional safeguard.
      Good as long as you can trust your accountant. I had a bad experience with my PCG-accredited accountant who reviewed my contract and didnt have a clue (and proved to have little clue about accountancy either).

Luckily, since I'd got PI from QDOS at the same time, I submitted it to them too for a 2nd opinion. Accountant said, yeh its fine, QDOS pointed out a few things to change. Thanks to them I got it changed....
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
        Go
        Luckily, since I'd got PI from QDOS at the same time, I submitted it to them too for a 2nd opinion. Accountant said, yeh its fine, QDOS pointed out a few things to change. Thanks to them I got it changed....
        And to Kaiser, does your accoutant profess to knowing anything about IR35? No point asking your accountant to review from an IR35 perspective if he is not an expert. I trust him to do my accounts, I do not trust him to be up on contract law. The fact Accountant said yes, QDOS said no would be the evidence here.
        Last edited by northernladuk; 8 February 2012, 11:13.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

My accountant will look, but will not underwrite it! and rightly so.
          I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
            Good as long as you can trust your accountant. I had a bad experience with my PCG-accredited accountant who reviewed my contract and didnt have a clue (and proved to have little clue about accountancy either).
            So, given that you point out that they are PCG accredited, did you inform PCG that you werent happy?
            Last edited by v8gaz; 8 February 2012, 12:27.
            World's Best Martini

Comment

current experience of Qdos via this place and their site, means I'll be throwing my business their way again and again! v happy with the cust service!!
              I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Comment

Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
                So, given that you point out that they are PCG accredited, did you inform PCG that you werent happy?
                Im sure we've been through this before. Yes, I did offer to provide feedback but they werent that interested to be honest.

The thing is they didnt do anything wrong specifically in a professional sense, just didnt provide a good service. Made mistakes with Direct debits, forgot to send out documents, never emailed me back etc.

Mate of mine joined them as well and had the same as me. He ended up leaving a month or so later as well.
                Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  And to Kaiser, does your accoutant profess to knowing anything about IR35? No point asking your accountant to review from an IR35 perspective if he is not an expert. I trust him to do my accounts, I do not trust him to be up on contract law. The fact Accountant said yes, QDOS said no would be the evidence here.
                  Yes he is very IR35 literate and as mentioned I use him as an additional safeguard as well as QDOS.

Comment

Working...
                  X